Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Ah fuck off it was already confirmed. Look at this OAP lookong to save records . Vintage fed
This...Frauderer STRIKES BACK!Poor Nole and Rafa 😥

·
10,892 Posts
Proof as its nothing to do with him. He cant even play it. None of his buisness. He didnt try help about pay for lower players but now he wants in?? The vile man already robbed countless slams now he wants to rob from others lol. He already tried to stop these events by saying no fans should mean no tennis. Agenda is clear

·
10,892 Posts
No Fans = NO PROBLEM.

As proven in all other exhos and football. There should be no fans for rest of season

Reactions: Fargif

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
NYC should go for it with max crowd. Whom do you want to infect there in a couple of months, the rats in the sewers? Buildings? Because there will be no one else left who can spread this virus any further. They had an above 20 % immunity measured in mid April (published 23rd I think) on the basis on antibodies that need approximately 2 weeks to develop and probably underrate the level of immunity.

New York is done with COVID, they are on the finish line of their herd immunity. They can be the fresh start for Grand Slam Tennis. Look at my profile pic, it stands for the new start. It works.
Every indicator for NY screams Herd Immunity, I think I absolutely nailed it when I suggested going for the US Open with max crowd almost a month ago.

Ironically this is achieved by Andrew "if we even save one life with measures it will be worth it" Cuomo, even though he unfortunately but not surprisingly hasn't realized the situation yet.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every indicator for NY screams Herd Immunity, I think I absolutely nailed it when I suggested going for the US Open with max crowd almost a month ago.

Ironically this is achieved by Andrew "if we even save one life with measures it will be worth it" Cuomo, even though he unfortunately but not surprisingly hasn't realized the situation yet.

Yeah the positivity rate has become very low in NY.

·
justice for all
16,784 Posts
Proof as its nothing to do with him. He cant even play it. None of his buisness. He didnt try help about pay for lower players but now he wants in?? The vile man already robbed countless slams now he wants to rob from others lol. He already tried to stop these events by saying no fans should mean no tennis. Agenda is clear
Hate is strong here.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Looks like it'll be me who nailed it !

But since this is anot an what-you -feel thread but rather an objective take on what -you -think -may- happen, I' d go ahead with the careful approach on the USO , having my reserves on it ... . I think its pretty much a gambleon right now, NY as part of USA is not completly sure to manage the situation completly, political pressures not to favor a sport over other plus there is little assurance south americans may even get there , pretty much the whole continent is focked right now, plus an american upcomming ban by the EU . Its all in the air if you ask me . Djo-covid tour resonance included . Id say USO gets cancelled

·
|
15,485 Posts
Trophy and the best performance among last year and this will be counted.

So anybody who didn't win last year can gain points
I'd prefer the US Open to be played so Rafa can tie Connors-Sampras-Federer with 5 US Open titles, but if Rafa is skipping the US Open then I don't mind if its cancelled.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts

A low rate of positive tests by itself does not imply herd immunity, it can also imply that the virus is more or less under control. The curve would look very much the same for Spain, for example, where it was just shown that only about 5% of the population have antibodies. For New York a previous study showed something like 20%, and since numbers of cases have massively dropped since then, it is unlikely that this number has risen much since then. I agree, though, that playing tennis in an empty stadion in New York would be an acceptable risk. The main problem is for players to get there and get back to Europe afterwards. Travelling between the US many parts of the world is still restricted and likely to remain so for the next few months.

·
Registered
19,073 Posts
I'd prefer the US Open to be played so Rafa can tie Connors-Sampras-Federer with 5 US Open titles, but if Rafa is skipping the US Open then I don't mind if its cancelled.
what about the scenario in which its cancelled but Rafa would have played?

Could that possibly be a tennis circumstance which you wouldnt see a positive in?

·
Registered
59,845 Posts
Makes it sound like they're reconsidering- not surprising given America is experiencing a second wave, and sporting events so far have been fairly disastrous (Not sure how many people here follow MLS or MLB, but both are going very poorly. Even NBA which is being way more careful is in doubt).

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Makes it sound like they're reconsidering- not surprising given America is experiencing a second wave, and sporting events so far have been fairly disastrous (Not sure how many people here follow MLS or MLB, but both are going very poorly. Even NBA which is being way more careful is in doubt).
Second wave? It looks like America's first wave was never over.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Nadovic's deranged fangirls are sinking to new lows, they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near civilised society.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts