Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm vehemently opposed to holding the Open at all, have e-mailed the USTA letting them know this on more than one occasion and now this. A terrible idea.

·
justice for all
13,370 Posts
No idea how the situation with the pandemic will look like in August but there would be one benefit of this idea: the players would get more time to get used to the surface and the venue before the slam.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Better get this rioting nonsense under control first.

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a great idea to me. And the USO absolutely 100% should be played.
There's only a worldwide pandemic going on and looting/riots in the surrounding areas of where the player hotels are, but sure, fabulous idea.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
It's a big IF though for now... I have to have the utmost concern for how Rogie fares from here on out, he only has so much time left!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don’t have a problem with venues changing if necessary, but I think playing two tournaments in a row at the same venue sounds awful.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
So rather than moving a mere hundred of players, they want to move thousands of more fans to New York? Not a good idea.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I agree it is not a good idea, a terrible one given the circumstances while I reckon it's great, I would like it to see this going through regardless. But then I aknowledge my inner selfish speaking conflicting with my rationality here . So logically the uso should go ahead but at the same time shame on them for bringing non sense. Summing up I applaud the enthusiasm and creativity, but damn you for playing with emotions. 🤪 🥺

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Question, would moving the Cincinnati Open to NY help, hurt, or make zero difference for Rogie winning the title?? How good are his chances of winning the Cincinnati Open in NY compared to OH??

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Question, would moving the Cincinnati Open to NY help, hurt, or make zero difference for Rogie winning the title?? How good are his chances of winning the Cincinnati Open in NY compared to OH??
It will hurt Roger. He had more success in Ohio than in New York.
Maybe because he is conservative?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'm vehemently opposed to holding the Open at all, have e-mailed the USTA letting them know this on more than one occasion and now this. A terrible idea.

Great idea OP. USTA is already shitting their pants because the big mighty Lupo thinks it is not right to play now

1 - 20 of 42 Posts