Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennis - If Mardy Fish and Andy Roddick still want to play doubles at the US Open in 2015, they have a wild card reserved and assured for them, according to USTA spokesperson Chris Widmaier.

After the recent hue-and-cry over Roddick not being allowed to compete in doubles at the US Open due to his unavailability for drug testing since his retirement, Widmaier commented, "We thought it would have been great if Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish could play doubles here. It would have been a lot of fun, and we hope that they’ll consider it for 2015. I’ve been assured by the wild-card committee that they will get a wild card for 2015 if they do pursue it.”

Roddick is not permitted to play under WADA rules to which tennis players are sibjected to which says they must make themselves available three months prior to playing in any competitive event.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/USTA-offers-Mardy-Fish-and-Andy-Roddick-wild-card-for-2015-US-Open-doubles-articolo19433.html

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Oh no, why is the USTA subjecting us to more of ego maniacal Roddick? It was such a relief when he disappeared from the tour.

:(

·
Registered
14,771 Posts
Well I think this would be pretty interesting. It would certainly sell tickets that's for sure. But 2015....so really who cares about this now.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
I recently attended a World Team Tennis exhibition match between Austin and San Diego. Roddick was playing and he seemed troubled by his back. He spent a lot of time between sets lying on the ground face down and getting a massage. It reminded me of the last couple of years of Larry Bird's career, he was lying on the bench because of his back problem.

But who knows, he might be good for a round or two in doubles in 2015.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I recently attended a World Team Tennis exhibition match between Austin and San Diego. Roddick was playing and he seemed troubled by his back. He spent a lot of time between sets lying on the ground face down and getting a massage. It reminded me of the last couple of years of Larry Bird's career, he was lying on the bench because of his back problem.

But who knows, he might be good for a round or two in doubles in 2015.
Did you just compare that bum's career with Larry Bird's? lol. Tourists ... they think they know everything

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
why not in 2014? would be great to see them playing again!!

·
Registered
21,394 Posts
Why was Fed's losses less important than duck's fraudulent efforts?!
If a whole decade of losses makes duck important, then why isn't he given more sponsor money?
Desperate to make yourself look good in the tennis hall of fame, duck?

Was a fat ornery USA buffoon more valuable than a sick wheat allergic Serb superstar?

Was a greedy liar someone duck was raised to become?

Yes. Roddick & Fed fans sure fooled the idiots!!

If all the people in my life were sycophants, I'd be Mr. King Sycophant to earn "props" for hard in-depth interviews with "HERO Federer".

I'd give interviews to my "kidnapper Feddy". I couldn't escape Feddy's grasp because I was paid to "entertain" & "speak intelligently & factually".

Oh, wait. I'd have to be victim to feel Stockholm Syndrome - compassion, and long-thought out speeches & conversations with my master.
Oh, poor Roddick. Tail between the legs.

At the US Open, he admitted he finally could stop lying constantly that he was a strong fine athletic specimen. LMAO Desperate...indeed.
Why didn't he include that precious fact (along with his heroic list of facts about his genius efforts against Feddy) in the Feddy interview???

Charmless & stupid, just like his verbally abusive tennis matches. Nothing new.
Wrestling, fake friendliness, greed and plastic charm are what make the world happy.
Nothing real happens in millionaire sycophant Roddick world. Don't worry. When he gets old at age 35, he will not remember what tennis was. 90% of tennis fans are bored by him.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Mardy Fish gave up on tennis too soon. He cannot play because of this heart condidtion?

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Oh no, why is the USTA subjecting us to more of ego maniacal Roddick? It was such a relief when he disappeared from the tour.

:(
Sadly for you guys, he is still the most relevant American male tennis player.

why not in 2014? would be great to see them playing again!!
lol. you never stopped amazing me. Read OP post. lol.

·
Registered
33,360 Posts
It's not about winning. It's really about giving Fish a proper sendoff. I hope they take it. It would be nice for Fish to retire in New York, not Greensboro :)
proper send off on court 13 LMAO :D

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Mardy Fish gave up on tennis too soon. He cannot play because of this heart condidtion?
BIngo. IIRC, he can practice, and play one tournament here and there, but the schedule of the ATP is faaaar too intense.

proper send off on court 13 LMAO :D
:facepalm: Do you really think the USTA would go through all the trouble of giving them a WC, only to put them on Ct. 13?

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Did you just compare that bum's career with Larry Bird's? lol. Tourists ... they think they know everything
Your reading comprehension is slightly worse than that of a pet monkey, Sheepie :lol:

And you claim to be a chess player? :superlol:

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
because Andy Roddick is only American reach No 1 and won US open since Andre and Pete

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
I expect nothing more than one match appearance for a fat Andy and a fat fish :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts