Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
Great fight by vasek

feliciano served for the first set but dropped the next 3 games. Vasek did well to hold off many match points on his service in the 4th set but he could never even dent feliciano's service so the outcome was really nid in that 4th set

Registered
Nice effort from Vasek :hug: Well done Feli :yeah:

Super Moderator
Yep Filo called it - severely overrated this Pospisil :rolleyes:

Fantastic effort from the youngster - he's way ahead of schedule :worship:

Registered
Good tournament still, Vasek. :) Keep it up.

Registered
andy's mom will be looking forward to the possible matchup of her boy & her boytoy!
Haase might have something to say about that :haha:

Registered
Vasek should won that 3rd set 5-2 up, also should took that 4th set 3-1 up in the TB:sad:

Registered
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Feli :hearts: :droo... err I mean :bounce: :yeah: good luck next round :rocker2:

Registered
Ach. I was really hoping Popsicle could pull it out. Nevertheless, congrats on a good showing. Hope to see a lot more of him in the future

Registered
well, you want to talk about would, should, could then feliciano should have served out the first set at 5-4
Lopez never served for the first set though:scratch:

I don't remember that anyway

stats say Lopez had 3 breaks, 1 of them was right after Vasek broke in the first set, one of them was in set 2 which he won 6-4, and the 3rd was the one I reffered to at 5-3 down in set 3:wavey:

Registered
Props to Lalo. He just out gritted Popspisil in this one. He's turning into a solid top 30 player. He won't touch the top 4 guys but he's dangerous against almost anyone else.

Banned
Discussion Starter #16
Lopez never served for the first set though:scratch:

I don't remember that anyway

stats say Lopez had 3 breaks, 1 of them was right after Vasek broke in the first set, one of them was in set 2 which he won 6-4, and the 3rd was the one I reffered to at 5-3 down in set 3:wavey:
when i checked the stats after the first set, just reading from that what i did i thought feli broke for 5-4, vasek broke back then broke again at 6-5 for the set

but i looked away for a minute

Registered
when i checked the stats after the first set, just reading from that what i did i thought feli broke for 5-4, vasek broke back then broke again at 6-5 for the set

but i looked away for a minute
Vasek broke him at 3-2* and then gave it back right after.
Feli never led the score in the first set.

Banned
Good job from Feli, coming back in that third set and eventually winning it which really was the critical difference. Really matured so much this past year and becoming consistent in his performances. Hopefully he brings his A-game vs Murray, because he's gonna need it to advance further in the event.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts