·
Banned
19,258 Posts
You're very early Joe;):p

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets hope the tv companies get their ass into gear as well, the past few years has been awful picture quality! It was disgusting last year. Probably the worst picture broadcast quality of all atp/wta events ive ever seen! and its meant to be usa (the country of technology :tape: !! :D ).

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
mate, night sessions are on ES too:woohoo: very important!!!

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Federer_Express said:
mate, night sessions are on ES too:woohoo: very important!!!
Eurosports coverage will be crap though, you can only watch one court (no doubt pathetic choices as usual!) Sky sports service for the usopen will be great, 5 courts (but you cant blame sky for the quality of the feed). Its the useless american host broadcast channel which sucks ass.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Nah, AA, LA, C1 and maybe other outside courts.

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Federer_Express said:
Nah, AA, LA, C1 and maybe other outside courts.
Yes but what i mean is, you will be stuck with euros choice (which usually isnt the greatest). Sky sports service allows you to choose 1/5 at all times, interactive service they call it.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
Nope, not exactly, If it's crap I switch to TSR2 or other, btw ES2 shows too:worship:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
joeb_uk said:
Eurosports coverage will be crap though, you can only watch one court (no doubt pathetic choices as usual!) Sky sports service for the usopen will be great, 5 courts (but you cant blame sky for the quality of the feed). Its the useless american host broadcast channel which sucks ass.
Sky Sports' coverage :worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I have a hunch this disgusting suck ass crap picture quality is nothing to do with technical problems and everything to do with the NTSC video signal used in the U.S. - it's different from the PAL system used in Europe and obviously the resolution is different too. It does look worse to me than the videotape we have here, everything's slightly blurry and less distinct at the edges, but I doubt there's anything either broadcaster can do unless the pictures go through a conversion process that'll take considerably longer than ten seconds (or whatever the time delay is between here and New York) to achieve.

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RogerRocks said:
Sjengster is right. Transatlantic live broadcast always has quality restrcitions due to those different TV technologies.
The thing is all these other us events have "decent" picture quality eg, cinci, the wta events broadcast on euro (and montreal/toronto which are canada). It just seems to be the us open for some reason (which isnt on, a grand slam shouldnt broadcast such poor quality feeds!). I have spoke to many people in europe (from different countries) and they have agreed, the quality was terrible. It amazed me to hear people on here last year say there was nothing wrong with the picture quality :retard:

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems with the picture :confused:

I often think there's something wrong with the sound when Threlfall is commentating though ;)

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Maybe the TMS events are actually covered by Sky cameras, using PAL signals, as well as the home broadcaster whereas the US Open only gets pictures from domestic TV? I'm really not an expert on this, despite my spiel about videotape formats above.

·
Banned
19,258 Posts
It's because the digital cable
I had the problems with Premiere...

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sjengster said:
Maybe the TMS events are actually covered by Sky cameras, using PAL signals, as well as the home broadcaster whereas the US Open only gets pictures from domestic TV? I'm really not an expert on this, despite my spiel about videotape formats above.
The masters series coverage is from fox sports i think, its always good quality :yeah:

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
joeb_uk said:
It amazed me to hear people on here last year say there was nothing wrong with the picture quality :retard:
Count me to these people. Just out of my mind, I can't think of that I ever complained about the picture quality of the US Open and I don't see any remarkable difference between all four Grand Slams and some other tournaments.
But I will check tomorrow again.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts