Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Well, what to say about this one. The good news first: Rafa keeps on improving his level, looked pretty good in this match. Yes he got broken twice - yesterday, due to his understandable irritation about the situation with the rain, and today in the third set after just having fed Muller a tasty breadstick in the 2nd. Two small lapses in concentration, but wow, how quickly he got over those! Some of his passing shots... :drool:
Very decent W/UE ratio as well, three times as much winners as UEs. Not too shabby I'd say! Congrats, Rafa! :hatoff:

And now for the bad stuff. Muller. How did he even manage to get to the 4rth round? His footwork was absymal, he's way too slow, and when his only weapon - his serve - deserts him, he's no more than an occasional challenger-level player. His mentality is rather questionable as well, once he lost that first set TB, he just checked out mentally.
Whatever, maybe I'm being a mite too harsh - after all, a good run for him here. :)

·
29,664 Posts
Muller's a serve-volleyer trying to serve big on snail-paced courts. Cut him some slack.

But I hate the fact he took out Gulbis, Ernie could have hurt Nadal here.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
nadal looked surprisingly sharp out there. i was impressed by his serve and especially his return of serve, now if he starts hitting that forehand with a little bit more confidence i think he has a good shot at defending his title.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
nadal looked surprisingly sharp out there. i was impressed by his serve and especially his return of serve, now if he starts hitting that forehand with a little bit more confidence i think he has a good shot at defending his title.
i do to if he faces fed in the final. If its djokovic, not a chance

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Muller's a serve-volleyer trying to serve big on snail-paced courts. Cut him some slack.

But I hate the fact he took out Gulbis, Ernie could have hurt Nadal here.
:haha::bowdown: too good moronic nonsense

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
omfg, how did this guy reach 4th round of a slam? :eek:

holy shit, those returns were abysmal and he was hitting everything but inside the court. :eek:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
The match was predictable and easy. Muller had bursts of good tennis but there was no way he was going to consistently keep it going. Took a while for Rafa to get into a groove but once he did, it was routine.

Quick, non-physical match just what the doctor ordered for Rafael.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
The match was predictable and easy. Muller had bursts of good tennis but there was no way he was going to consistently keep it going. Took a while for Rafa to get into a groove but once he did, it was routine.

Quick, non-physical match just what the doctor ordered for Rafael.
affirmative. there is no way the big fella with all that mass could have kept it going for too long.

nadal had the luxury of even losing a set in this one.

now it gets a little harder.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Hard draw for Nadal...

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
did Little Lord Butt-leroy manage to keep his temper in check long enough today then, well done

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Such an ugly player this Muller is, both to watch his balding head and his horrible tennis.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts