only 41 % first service for Dolgo . :(

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I dont like him now as number 1, actually I never was his fan.. :shrug:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
one of the best breakers i have ever seen, the level was incredible, so much tension!!!! my god beautiful shots, who knows what would have happened if Dolgopolov had won the first set!!?

the rest of the match was not that great but the first set REALLLY awesome, that tiebreak :worship:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The Djoker is the best player on the planet:worship:
Haters are hopeless at the moment:wavey:

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
djokovic is the most boring number 1 ever
pretty much, and it's weird because he has such a funny personality off court, I don't know what happens on court. really he is very focused but not very interesting in shot making

·
Registered
14,624 Posts

·
Banned
260 Posts
Djoker plays like a shell of himself, and still gives an easy BEATDOWN to Dolgopolova.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Banned
8,385 Posts
You're a funny boy. Djokovic play tennis in order to earn money and to enter tennis history and not to entertain you.:devil:
People watch sports because of entertaiment, fans are making sports to work.

All success they get is because of fans, same goes for money.

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Not a good quality match but with the wind, Novak played more on the safe side instead of being more aggressive. Dolgo has variety but also pretty high risk, IMO, thus the many terrible misses. Novak did not return well in the first set as this is their first meeting plus Dolgo's serve is hard to read.

After the tight first set TB, the result is NID.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
All kidding aside, the resemblance that Dolgopolov has with Martina Hengis is unsettling.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts
Dolgo outplayed Djoko in the opener, but couldn't handle his emotions. Up a break, donates it back. Tiebreak, serve disappears, multiple setpoints but misses the court by miles on all of them. Loses it, promptly folds hard.

Djoko was reduced to just pushing in the first set, hoping for errors. The combination of the wind and lack of rhythm he was getting really screwed with his head.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
You're a funny boy. Djokovic play tennis in order to earn money and to enter tennis history and not to entertain you.:devil:
so youtube is a lie? yes, he tries entertain, especially dressed as sharapova :lol:

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
flattering scoreline for djoko. dolgo (like tomic) is the type of player that annoys him the most. that, plus the wind, and we have to witness some jittery and overall poor tennis.
good thing about djoko is that he adapts and adjusts throughout the match. going to the net rattled dolgo's confidence, he was not able to send sub-prime junk anymore, so he started bashing.
tipsy does not have the game for novak. nevertheless, it will be competitive and watchable.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Great clutch tennis by Novak in 1st set. Showed why he is #1 and played solid tennis after that. Serve wasn't great and his groundstrokes weren't penetrating enough so maybe the shoulder is still bothering him. I love watching Novak though. Always entertaining.
i think you are right on shoulder thing. euro sport commentators mentioned his serve mph was low in this match and in the match vs davydenko. otherwise very good win for novak, he should have a smooth sailing to SF.

·
Premium Member
20,661 Posts
congrats to Novak, probably wasn't easy out there with the wind and Dolgo's wacky style. :D

Not bad from Dolgo, either. Hope to see more of him :)

21 - 40 of 353 Posts