1 - 20 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
17,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Crap breaker :cool:

Onto the QFs. :yeah:

Actual analysis:

1st set: Djokovic was CLEARLY nervous throughout. And the wind combined with Dolgo's unorthodox style of play didn't make things any easier.

Dolgo had a pathetic 1st serve percentage and Djokovic STILL struggled with the return. Dolgo broke Djokovic early on but Novak immediately broke back.

The tiebreak :lol: I don't think Dolgopolov had more than a single 1st serve and Djokovic was pushing the ball like crazy, trying to deal with all of the BH slices Dolgo was offering. They both had set points on serve (I think Dolgo was up 4-1 at one point) but finally, Djokovic was the steadier one and eked it out.

Set's 2 and 3 was Djokovic in cruise control. After putting that 1st set behind him, he opened up and was able to hit the ball with more authority.

·
Registered
638 Posts
djokovic is the most boring number 1 ever

Reactions: GSMnadal

·
Banned
260 Posts
Dolgopolova's WTA style of tennis fails again.

Can't wait to see Dolgopolova's sycophants proclaim she is top 5 caliber. lol.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Shame Dolgo, you had soo many chances in the first...not the best performance too, but at least the score looks relatively OK.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
Novak marry me!! :bowdown:

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
29,391 Posts
Could've been a terrific match if Dolgo had won that breaker. On one of his 4 set points he decided to slice a bh pass instead of hitting it hard even though he had time to. That cost him.

Novak prevails, but is still very beatable.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
Nole wins in straights, haters are mad. :lol:
When a player has more haters than fans, something is wrong about him actually.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
I didnt watch. How was Djoko? Complaining all the time again?

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Amazing tiebreak. Dolgo going to get flack for pushing Djokovic further than anyone has this tournament. :lol:

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
11,830 Posts
Great clutch tennis by Novak in 1st set. Showed why he is #1 and played solid tennis after that. Serve wasn't great and his groundstrokes weren't penetrating enough so maybe the shoulder is still bothering him. I love watching Novak though. Always entertaining.

·
Registered
14,624 Posts
When a player has more haters than fans, something is wrong about him actually.
:baby:

The Djokovic Effect: Long line snakes around grounds
By 11:45 A.M., one hour and 45 minutes after the public was allowed to enter the National Tennis Center, the line for Armstrong stretched back to the fountains outside Ashe on the opposite side of the facility. It's easily the longest line I can remember seeing here, by at least 10 times over. Apparently, everyone knew about Djokovic's not-before-1:00-P.M. descent on Armstrong, and everyone wants to see him.

·
Registered
136 Posts
One good set at least. More than the others have managed against Godovic.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Djoker not playing well but getting through is all that matters at this stage. It was windy so that might explain his poor play today.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Glad that Dolgo kept at least one set close, but he was too inconsistent especially at the begging of sets.

The result was NID though. Consistent pushing will almost always win in todays game.

1 - 20 of 353 Posts