Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Much needed straight forward win. Borna has to be rested for next round. Very clean match, obviously an easier opponent, but it's encouraging to see no dip in Coric's form after a topsy-turvy upset.

Should be a good match against the little prince.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Amazing that this is only Ćorić's first major quarterfinal. He has an opportunity to go further, as does everyone. Smh for Stefanos.

·
Registered
59,363 Posts
Horrific from Thompson. Just shocking. Coric was horrible too at the start, played better in sets 2 and 3.

Coric gets what he needed- a straight sets win.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,342 Posts
Horrific from Thompson. Just shocking. Coric was horrible too at the start, played better in sets 2 and 3.

Thompson is a limited player despite good work ethic and head, so I'm not entirely surprised. Don't really think he is cut out for slam QFs.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts

Funny that you say that, to me it looked like Coric dipped in 3rd set...

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
After the heroic comeback victory over Tsitsi & following the hysteria & melodrama from throatgate, humble Borna now given the green light signal to represent his side of draw in the final.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
First slam QF for Coric :D About time and well deserved, especially considering last year's missed opportunity after having to withdraw.

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
First slam QF.

Thanks, Stef.

Very poor from JT.

Had no business being in R4 to begin with. He came out of the weakest section though.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thompson has no business being in the final stages of a slam so well done coric. Lets see what he can do against zverev, he did beat him in USO a few years ago if my memory is anything to go by, however sacha has learned how to play majors since than.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts