Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must say, solid performance by Roddick, much easier than I expected, thought he would mess this up for sure.

Keep up the good work until the quarters!

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
it seems like andy is on a mission here, he's playing better with every match granted that its not that hard to improve from the match against russell

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I'm quite impressed by this Roddick game. He wasn't a pusher today, was good in tactics and his slice wasn't a mess definitely.

Interesting match-up against Ferrer, hope Andy will make at least a QF here.

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
Roddick was solid, Benneteau looked tired to me, which is of course understandable.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Roddick in the 4th round of a slam :eek:

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Much better from Andy but it sucks that he's gotta play Ferrer. Ferrer is a nightmare matchup for Andy

·
Registered
168 Posts
Finally nice performance by Andy, looking forward to Ferrer matchup.

BTW, hugs for MTF idiots who voted on Julien in the poll :)

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Definitely getting better round-by-round and hopefully the trend continues. Even today's performance won't be enough against Ferrer.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Thank god he is winning again :D into the second week. Good job Andy. Has a chance against Ferrer, but not much of one.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
So here's where Julien's fairy tale- story ended. Never mind, great run for him.

Congrats, Duck.

·
Banned
176 Posts
I'm a big Andy fan and glad he's made it into the second week, but I really see no way he can beat Ferrer on Tuesday (unless Ferrer like accidentally trips over himself and sprains both ankles or something).

·
Banned
176 Posts
What's up with all that positive attitude and smiling after the win... Andy is unrecognizable ;)
Haha, so true. It was great to see though - it's been a long time since we've seen happy Andy. Hoping he pulls some miracle out of his a** on Tuesday. He's going to need it against Ferrer.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
For Andy's sake they should schedule him for day session against Ferrer. He won't have much chance playing slow night conditions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can't believe he's into the 2nd week at a slam again! If he pulls a magical Connors act and makes the semis or better, I'll be a fan forever.

Ferrer will make him work like he's never worked before for a win. I hope it's a good match.

An all-American semifinal would be good :cool:

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i hope if it is a night match with ferrer andy doesn't make a tit of himself. i can see him being over the top up for the match and it cause him to act like a prick if ferrer puts in a great display.

still roddick has done well to make 4th round considering his form going into this tournament.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts