Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nalbandian should have closed that first set. Showed who the better tennis player is. Sadly these days being a better tennis player is not enough. It is better to be a marathon runner to win in these patethic slow courts.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
USO R3: Nadal def. Nalbandian 7-6(5) 6-1 7-5

Yes, yes! Nalbandian serving for the first, got broken obviously. Double faulting on BP's and in tiebreaks, and just started hitting errors at will in the second and third set. Rafa was decent, good at times, nothing really special, a classic Rafa '11 wobble when closing out the match.

Come on MTF, bring on the hate, blue clay, moonballing, 'more talented', medical time out, FitDave and time wasting bullshit... Rafa just spanked your hero.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: USO R3: Nadal def. Nalbandian 7-6(5) 6-1 7-5

I like Nalbandian. His story is very sad. He clearly is much more talented than the guys like Murray or nadal. But look where he is. Sad. How can Roddick have a slam and Nalbandian doesn't?

Nadal. What can I say about him. He will not win another slam and that's that.

·
29,637 Posts
Re: USO (aka Monte Carlo) R3: Rafael "Bekele" Nadal def. Nalbandian 7-6(5) 6-1 7-5

Bad for tennis.

BORING outcome.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: USO (aka Monte Carlo) R3: Rafael "Bekele" Nadal def. Nalbandian 7-6(5) 6-1 7-5

Meh. Of course Nalbandian is 10 levels above Nadal talent wise. But this sport is not for the talented but moon ballers who can run

·
Registered
12,577 Posts

Nalbandian approached the Golubev benchmark for utter uselessness in this match.

·
Registered
10,598 Posts

Nalbandian should have closed that first set. Showed who the better tennis player is. Sadly these days being a better tennis player is not enough. It is better to be a marathon runner to win in these patethic slow courts.
Nadal seems to cover the court more like Bolt retrieving balls.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Registered
2,813 Posts

Heartbreaking. Terrible. Disgusting.

·
Registered
19,278 Posts

Rafa just spanked your hero.
No he didn't
Nadal struggled again and if it wasn't this cakewalk draw, probably this would've been his last match in the tournament

Classic ending Nalbandian btw :lol:

·
Registered
7,437 Posts

nalbandian really deserved the first set. at least he showed a good level today.

·
Registered
20,731 Posts

Nalb serves for first set. Doublefault on breakpoint.

Middle of tiebreak. Doublefault.

Opening game of 2nd, two doublefaults in a row.

Final point of the match, another doublefault.

Might as well not have bothered turning up.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Nalbandian approached the Golubev benchmark for utter uselessness in this match.
Nah. To be honest, Rafa played much better today. I mean we all know why but I digress.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts

I thought the courts were going to be faster in the 2nd week. :facepalm:

Anyway, Nadal helped by the million UEs from Nalby. Nothing else to say on this match.

·
Banned
3,513 Posts

Horrible match. Just to make sure he lost, Fatbandian dfed every chance he got and then went in for a hug at the end. Maybe he got paid to tank by Tony :eek:

·
Registered
4,529 Posts

that's why you'll NEVER win a slam David.First of all you are injured way too often
not fit enough
3th your forehand is poor
4th you are weak mentally in the majors and you have show it TODAY

Rafa I don't buy that foot "injury" for shit even if baby jeebus were to come down and tell me you're really injured
I've seen you do that quite a few times in the past 1/2 year

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Now i know why people feel that nalbandian was such a waste of talent. he has a beautiful high percentage aggressive back hand and a very dependable penetrating forehand but his head is his biggest weakness. such a pity.

1 - 20 of 307 Posts