Registered
19,156 Posts
Re: USO R3: Kohlchreiber def. [4] Zverev 6-7(1), 6-4, 6-1, 6-3

Early upset for Zverev? It must be a Grand Slam

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts

What a talent Kohlschreiber is. If he wasn't such a headcase, he would have achieved so much more. It's so unfair that a boring mug like Zverev has achieved more than he has. Zverev is the biggest joke in slams. There is nothing special about his game. For a big guy, his serve isn't particularly strong, his ground strokes aren't that big. If this guy is the future of tennis, then Lord help us all.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

I only saw the final set but Zverev was a mess. Kohlschreiber on the other hand played beautiful, elegant tennis that looked effortless and was a joy to watch. If he can repeat that in the next match he will be a threat to either of his opponents.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
save yourself misery and don't play slams :shrug:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I'm disappointed thinking that Wimbledon QF signaled the end of his slam toe stubbing. Losing to your own countrymen at a slam is disheartening

·
Super Moderator
7,340 Posts
What a performance from Kohlschreiber. His ground game is a thing of beauty, from execution to placement. That BH :drool:

I'm really happy he pulled this one off.

There's still a lot of work to do for camp Lendlerev, but there's also plenty of time to polish his game.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Players with a lot of experience playing all time greats like Nadal, Federer, Djokovic have no fear against the younger, weak era players. That has to have something to do with it. Zverev has to be the highest rated early twenties player around right? And he can't beat these guys. They are too used to playing better opponents.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Vintage Kohli in this match. He still has it. :worship:

I'm disappointed thinking that Wimbledon QF signaled the end of his slam toe stubbing. Losing to your own countrymen at a slam is disheartening
Roland Garros

1 - 20 of 131 Posts