Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good win for Big John to get it done in straight sets.

Simon's gonna be tough, but it's a chance to get over the 4th round hump at slams.

Great week for Bogo to punctuate a career season so far for him. He's now sitting solidly in the top 40 with a lot of chances to get seeded for the Aussie Open. :yeah:

·
29,637 Posts
Great effort Johnny boy :yeah:

Simon won't be easy but he did look spent at the end of today's match. He's got every chance.

·
Registered
27,241 Posts
Bad luck for Boggo in the first set, he was the better player.

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
Clutch performance in that first set tie-break from John. Afterwards Bogomolov seemed to have lost a bit of the bite he had on his groundies.

Isner is more than just serve and he's one of the best clutch-performers on the tour.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
First time I've actually seen Bogomolov play and he instantly became a favourite. Shame he couldn't win that first set. He was the better player in that set but Isner is a great clutch player and was aided by unplayable serving when needed.

Good luck to Isner in the next round and good luck to Alex with climbing into the seeded positions for the AO, he's great to watch.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Bogo is the Poor Man's Pics.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
A big challenge for him now would be to defeat Gilles Simon.

I hope he can do it, best of luck John. Best 6'9 guy ever!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
only watched the first set before going to bed. Bogomolov Jr was very impressive. First time I ever saw him play, I think. I like Isner so I wasn't really rooting against him, but Bogomolov Jr deserved at least that first set, too bad for him.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts