Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flawless from Felix in the first 2 sets. Big drop in level in the 3rd but it didn't really matter since his game was too much for Moutet anyway. It's nice to see him playing this well and exiting to think about the future holds for him when he'll be more consistent. Can't wait for the potential Thiem match next!

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Could see him beating Thiem (or Cilic) on this form

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
I'm not familiar with Moutet but FAA made him look like he didn't belong out there. Moutet beat Evans so he has to be pretty good--but he just looked like utter shit. Felix looked flawless. He looked like this against Murray too.
Hmmm .......
Maybe he clashes with Posp in the quarters? What a waste of Canadians!!!!

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
Yellow balls took some beating today. FAA was channeling his inner Rublev for a while, topping it with Djokovichesque depth and some botting. His focus somewhat wandered away in the third set, but it's very easy to get complacent when there's virtually no resistance. Not the best day for Moutet, who can be quite unpredictable and thus frustrating for a player like Felix. He just got totally overpowered from the get go and never managed to recover fully.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
What an absolute ass beating that was. Felix can send Faker packing if he plays like that

·
Registered
48 Posts
What an unbelievable match from Felix. I became a fan of his 2-3 years ago and have been keeping an eye on him ever since; his tennis last night was the best I've ever seen from him. World class stuff. I have found his press conferences at the US Open very pleasant to watch. He is so mature (and not just for his age but overall) and relaxed and mentally balanced it really stands out. None of the psychological wrinkles that you have with Zverev, Tsitsipas, that show all over their tennis. With tennis such a psychological sport, your headspace really is a factor. So far, he seems very well equipped to handle the expectations and pressure. Yeah, I'm really a fan. :love: Keen to see the next rounder against Thiem.

·
MONSOON season.
82,211 Posts
FAA painting the lines. We love to see it.

·
Registered
17,828 Posts
Great OP Name to Content Ratio.

Thiem will have his HANDS FULL.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Felix is about ready to be a champion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts