·
Registered
1,202 Posts
What a shame he didn't win a title in his career. ):

Enjoy your life, Julien. :)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Benneteau showed a lot of heart out there, he will be missed.
Indeed, put up a good fight even though he fell short in the fifth set. Struff had a long moment with him at the net after MP, probably wishing Benneteau a happy retirement :hatoff:

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,610 Posts
I would have loved this guy to win a singles title. But what a great player.

some of his best matches:

VCDjEaa6_aE

iJaHapR1nDA

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
I remember his thousand yard stare after Nishikori beat him in the first Malaysian open finals in a very close match. I felt bad then, I think he knew by that point it wasn't going to happen for him. Then again he has a doubles major so I don't feel too bad. HAppy retirement Julien.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Interesting that he didn't choose to retire in Paris instead - with it being in his home country and after he had such a great run there last year. But this is not a bad way to go out, fighting in a tough match that went 5 sets. Probably the best player to never win a singles title, but he can console himself with his many doubles titles.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I remember his thousand yard stare after Nishikori beat him in the first Malaysian open finals in a very close match. I felt bad then, I think he knew by that point it wasn't going to happen for him. Then again he has a doubles major so I don't feel too bad. HAppy retirement Julien.
It was not the first, Julien reached the final in 2012 (incredible match against Juan Monaco), then again the following year when he lost to Joao Sousa after missing a match point (to be honest it was brilliantly saved by the Portuguese, many criticize Julien Benneteau but it did his best to convert that match point).

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
It was not the first, Julien reached the final in 2012 (incredible match against Juan Monaco), then again the following year when he lost to Joao Sousa after missing a match point (to be honest it was brilliantly saved by the Portuguese, many criticize Julien Benneteau but it did his best to convert that match point).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75smQ3ZJLxA
You are correct, what was I smoking?

·
Banned
74 Posts
Retiring players should get more attention from organisers. It's their last match and some ceremonay would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Interesting, why did he choose to end his career at the USO? You would think it would be somewhere in France. Anyways, happy retirement.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
German Media said he will retire in Bercy, where does this information come fron, that this was his last Match?

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 35 Posts