·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bennetaeu next up for Roddick.

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Roddick overall just too solid. First time I've gotten a good look at Sock, he played quite well, I like his game. His movement is not good enough (although Roddick didn't really expose it today), but he's got a nice forehand and serve. If he can get a little consistency in his game, he's got a future.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
Thank you, John McEnroe. Please continue to piss off Roddick some more. :hatoff:

Jack Sock :yeah: US tennis will be in good hands with this new generation.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
The loser young generation of Americans. Mugs like Harrison, Young, and Sucks have me really optimistic about the future of American tennis as being a lower that it is today.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Color me impressed by Sock. On a faster court I think he might win this match. He was controlling the majority of the points, but just couldn't finish enough. But big serve, big forehand, good movement, and good feel around the net. I think he has more potential than Young or Harrison.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I like the prospect of Pics ripping Roddick a new one in 4th round
Win your third round match fucking mug

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Thoroughly unimpressed with Roddick. His US Open will be over shortly. Can't wait to see Sock develop, he's got some real potential.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I like Jack and he has a pretty good baseline to work with in terms of his game, but watching this match makes me more pissed Marco lost to him because it didn't see anything that would bring on that result.

Sock has a pretty typical Americanized game. He has good natural skills and tennis instincts. His shots are heavy but he needs to add more flatness and pop on the ball, which I'm sure he will with more physical development. Lacks consistency in general in all departments, but this experience will do nothing but help him for the future.

Roddick didn't do much more than hit some good serves and allow Sock to make or miss the shots. That style of play could buy him one more victory, but it will not be enough beyond the third round.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
I've seen Jack about 5-6 times now, I think he's good, but I don't think he's good enough to the point where he should be hailed as the new US hope, and if he is the best US hope, that could be an issue down the line. He has a lot of skills but he doesn't have one elite skill and you need that to compete these days.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
Stupid Rodcock. Plays more boring than Wozniacki and still doesn't have the decency to give us a shirtless changeover :shout:.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Jack Sock is basically an American Junqueira. I had never seen the kid before tonight but it seems like he's more interested in Burger King than working on his ground strokes.

Andy looks like shit. I don't think he'll beat Jules

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Considering Sock is only 18 and a newbie to the world stage, he did well to take 10 games off Roddick at the USO. He will develop into a top ranked player, has all the tools --- not to mention an engaging personality.

Really would have preferred Sockeye (Salmon) to play Fish, given the possiblity for umpteen play on words.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Jack Sock is basically an American Junqueira. I had never seen the kid before tonight but it seems like he's more interested in Burger King than working on his ground strokes.

Andy looks like shit. I don't think he'll beat Jules
You’ve never seen the kid before tonight but still you can make the judgment that he’s more interested in Burger King than working on his game? :scratch:

Somehow that seems more like a posture than a considered opinion.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
You’ve never seen the kid before tonight but still you can make the judgment that he’s more interested in Burger King than working on his game? :scratch:

Somehow that seems more like a posture than a considered opinion.
Its a posture based on the fact that he's built like a fat high school senior rather than a potential top 5 American tennis player. At that age you should have no problem shedding baby fat.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'm not convinced on Sock. He didn't appear to have the consistent firepower or the consistency from the baseline. I did like his temperament though. He looked cool out there at all times despite missing a few chances.

·
Registered
14,852 Posts
Sock's forehand is good to watch but if he wants to become solid player he has to work a lot of on backhand, consistency and footwork.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts