Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 wins in a row from davy :)

starace served for the 3rd set but davy broke him and then took the final 3 games

im so happy for him, he wont go any further but he's playing better and starting to beat guys he should the way he should

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Re: USOR3: Davydenko def. Starace 6-2, 6-4. 7-5

Kolya :hug:

It was R2 though, right? ;)

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Re: USOR32: Nikolay Davydenko def. Potito Starace 6-2, 6-4. 7-5

Great! Too bad I couldn't watch this one either...

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Two straight wins for Davy? It's a miracle. Hopefully he can make some impact in the fall.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Good that he won, but again, this is Starace on HC. He got a good draw and took advantage of it. He's been pretty OK at winning the matches he should win, but now he has to go against Djokovic again, and he'll once again be tested against a top player to see where he's truly at mentally and with his game. Hopefully he gives a good account of himself, and isn't destructed like he has been against the top players lately.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we all knoiw who it is on hard but this is huge for davy to finally start winning 2 matches in a row again..i mean even at the french you couldnt say that he was winning the matches that he should in the manner that he should

hopefully he gives a good account of himself against djokovic and even though i expect a straight set loss i hope this means he can start putting more matches together

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Too bad he wasn't in the moonballer's quarter instead. :(

·
Banned
18,509 Posts
Too bad he wasn't in the moonballer's quarter instead. :(
Nadal would thrash Baldenko if healthy and playing at least at 20%

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
was there, davydenko was on fire in the first set, starace didn't play that badly in the first. Then, nikolay's form dropped considerably and potito took advantage for a 4-2 lead, and then the classic italian choking came into play. Nikolay took advantage of some wobbly serving and ran away with it for two sets. Third set, starace should've won it as he was the better player and even had set point, but he dumped a backhand into the net and kolya smelled opportunity.

SHould've been a 4 or 5 setter but Potito really dropped his level of play and concentration when ahead in the last two sets. Nikolay was awesome in the first set, but he started reverting to this mediocre form we've been seeing all summer. He has no chance against nole.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Well, pretty much the same ole thing with Davydenko. Shows flashes, but can't keep a high level of play for more than a few games or a set at a time. But at least he won two matches not playing his best. Misty is right, he's gotten better at winning these sorts of matches, and that's an improvement in itself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts