Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what a game to finish off the match :worship: hope he doesn't choke and continue to play like this in the next round, Vamos *with an argie accent* :rocker2:

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Fit Dave :worship:

Too bad these courts are slower than molasses, if they were quicker, I'd say he had a chance to take a set or two, or even beat Rafa.

As it stands now though, unless Rafa plays as shitty as he did against Golubev, he should win this in four.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Allez David! :bounce:

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Solid fourth set. Hopefully he will give a much sterner challenge to Nadal than Mahut. :lol:

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Good result, I hope he wins his next match too

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Watched it from the very beginning.

1st set: David played really well, like the form of last year, and Ivan was producing a ton of unforced errors.

2nd set: Nalby's form dropped off considerably and was making errors left and right. Ljubo had a decent serving set but it was more on David just playing so poorly.

3rd set: Both guys were making errors everywhere, but Ljubo was unable to finish his 30-0 service games. David just fought it out.

4th: 1st set David returned to form and Legenda looked like he ran out of gas. Never in doubt.

My opinion, Ljubicic looks done. Footwork awful, too many mistakes from the baseline, and his serving failed him in the last two sets.

Nalbandian played better than he has in the summer, but his 2nd serve returning was too poor and unacceptable against Nadal. Still a nice win but I see him losing to Rafa in 4.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Truba was shit :eek:
And luck will never leave Fatbaldian until the day he retires .

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Fit Dave :worship:

Too bad these courts are slower than molasses, if they were quicker, I'd say he had a chance to take a set or two, or even beat Rafa.

As it stands now though, unless Rafa plays as shitty as he did against Golubev, he should win this in four.
Nadal didn't play bad against Golubev he was simply outplayed and overpowered.
Learn to analyse matches.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Only 44% FS for Ljubo. No chance for him to win then. If his serve isn't there he got no hope vs a talented baseliner like Nalbandian.

Nalbandian hit many errors which was only camouflaged by Ljubo hitting even more. He will likely lose in the next match if that doesn't change

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Poor effort by Ivan. I'm disappointed. In the third set he was coming back from a break down 2 times and then lost serve his own serve for the 3rd time in the set. Also he looked uninterested to me, which is weird considering this is a slam. :shrug:

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Good to see Fatty slapping Ljubitch. Been a while since he's had a decent run at a slam. Hope he keeps going.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Let's be realistic. Nalbandian's form isn't good enough to beat Rafa and Ljubicic is not 100%, the serve wasn't really there. Nalbandian still hasn't beaten a really good player in his latest comeback. But the positive is he's healthy and playing again, and hopefully he continues working his way into better form.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
Peaking for davis cup

1 - 20 of 34 Posts