Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ernests:sad: depressing that he couldnt follow up his amazing with over youzhny

he was up a break in the 2nd set and had several chances for a dobule break but muller held on and eventually got the break back.

14 double faults from ernests and 10 from muller..an off serving day for both

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Another good chance missed for Ernests. Nothing to be surprised about. On the other hand, I'm glad Muller is in the 3rd round, and also will play against a beatable opponent, Kunitsyn or Melzer.

·
Registered
14,666 Posts
Gulbis! :sad:

All the best to Muller in R3! :yeah:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Wow well this is horrible for Gulbis... Everyone thought he got over these bad grandslam losses. Muller is very capable though, and comes up with a huge victory after a solid summer. Definitely did not see this happening though...

·
Banned
21,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is an amazing oppertunity for gilles to make a 4th round with either kunitsyn or melzer in the next round...on the other hand kunitsyn beat gilles the last time they met and so if he gets past melzer kunitsyn could make the 4th round

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Pretty relieved Gulbis is gone, really thought he would be the one to put Rafa down...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Well done Gilles :yeah:

He fought his way back from a break down in second set.

·
Banned
6,118 Posts
This USO is disappointing. Great players losing against useless players who rely on serve.
But That's tennis but it remains painful to watch.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I didn´t watch it, but really don´t get it. Even on serve Muller can´t have the edge, because Ernests 1st serve is great- bombs, 2nd risky good serve- if he didn´t make DF of course. Than good FH, BH, i though he became more patient on the court. How in the hell Muller beat him? REally it is pitty, now Muller will make it to 4R against Nadal - where he will loose again, instead Ernie could have chance there for sure.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Very disapointing result :mad:

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
great win :worship: let's have another 2008 run now Muller :rocker2:

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
I am happy for Muller, he'll probably reach a new career high. Great guy to watch when he's on

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
very exciting match ..........
COngrat to Muller, sorry for Gublis

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Well done Muller :yeah: Of course Gulbis can't play well for two matches in a row...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts