Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an utter mugfest.

Federer was awful. And Paire... he really is a poor man's Fognini. He's crap and proud of it.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Fedr

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Federer: 27W 39UEs
Paire: 25W 47UEs

Paire had 11 DFs for the match.

When the intensity dropped in the 3rd set, Roger got really bad.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Decent first two sets, with some nice cat and mouse rallies (mostly won by Federer). But the third was very disappointing from both players. Too many shanks, and double faults galore. I wish the heat was to blame, but I think it has more to do with Federer's age and Paire's brain.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hilarious to see Fed utterly stoic while Paire is doing his shenanigans. :lol:

Paire would be such a terrific player if he could only concentrate for more than a few consecutive points. The muttering, the racket throwing, the lazy mistakes. Crazy and genius are two sides of the same coin and it's clear on what side Paire's coin has fallen. :weirdo:

Fed had good stretches and bad. Serve was worrying. 5 DF!? Still, taken care of business in 3 sets, that's just fine.

·
Registered
15,229 Posts
Fed's confidence is so low right now, it's hard to watch for me. Making so many double faults, dropping serve at 4-1 in the third set when you're up 2 sets, it's just pathetic stuff really.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You too?

What do you expect? 37, average form, hot, humid, Paire?

I enjoy the good shots and accept the bad ones. As a real fan should do.
Being unable to criticize your favorite doesn't make you a "real fan". It makes you a biased fanboy. And we have all too many of those already on this forum.

As one who appreciates good tennis, I was suffering here as it was a terrible match. Sure there are reasons for this and I'm happy Federer won, but other than that there's nothing to celebrate.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Serve was really bad. 5 aces 5 double faults is terrible for his standards... lucky for him the Paire was clowning for the most part...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
From the patches I saw Federer seemed alright though I must have not seen the parts where he was underhwleming. NK/FEd will just be a botting fest with some glamorous shotmaking.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Fed's confidence is so low right now, it's hard to watch for me. Making so many double faults, dropping serve at 4-1 in the third set when you're up 2 sets, it's just pathetic stuff really.
Roger doesn't have the killer instinct anymore. He's alot more carefree. So when the intensity of his opponent drops, Roger seems to drop his level too. That 3rd set was trash, but Roger knew he was going to win at that point, so he let up considerably.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts