·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ginepri has done nothing so far. but Good to see him win again

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Didn't expect much form Souza here. Ginepri wasn't anything special but great to see him winning again and set up a possible match with Isner

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Temporarily awake again for the American hardcourt swing is he? Ginepri's hibernations have become longer and longer every year.

·
Registered
11,858 Posts
served for it at 5-3 in the 3rd :rolleyes:

Good win still.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
compare to 2005
This Ginepri is awful as Roddick..... What's wrong with those guys. what's wrong with tennis...

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
compare to 2005
This Ginepri is awful as Roddick..... What's wrong with those guys. what's wrong with tennis...
Ginepri saw a sports psychologist in June/July 2005, then proceeded to go from outside the Top 100 to 15th in the world. Then, in 2006, he reverted back to his perfectionist/pessimist mentality again, proceeded to lose his confidence, and things have been down and up ever since.

I was at his match today. He actually kind of played like a claycourter... patient and precise, and that strategy happened to work against Souza who was going for too much, and making almost three times the unforced errors...

The big issue I had with Ginepri (not including his typical choke/getting down on himself when serving for the match or a set) is that he hit one too many short balls sitting up in the middle of the court for his opponent to pounce on. Had Ginepri employed the same tactic against a superior player, he probably would've seen a much different result.

I'm giving him a slight pass since he's only played competitively since July of this year, since his elbow injury in September of 2010. Robby needs to play more matches to really find himself as a player again, and he really has not played enough this year...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts