Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Nishioka

Votes: 13 56.5%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely delighted Murray has the opportunity to make this guy his first victim at Flushing Medows this year. Time for some sweet revenge!

Also time to make histo-rray. First player to EVER compete at a slam with an artificial hip in SINGLES.

Murray in straights. Let’s go!

·
Registered
20,412 Posts
Could actually see Murray lose this.

Nishioka is another stunning player, who in today's depth is caught around the #50 mark.

He's beaten Basilashvili, Evans, Millman, Humbert already this year. Took Nadal to a TB. Went 5 sets with Delpo last RG. Beat Monfils. Beat Nishikori and DeMinaur in Cincy. Beat Goffin and RBA before that, last year. Beat Sandgren at AO, and destroyed Rublev in Sydney.

Very capable. A superior Mannarino.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Murray in 4, nishioka will need to play his best and not falter mentally in order to beat metal hip murray. If murray was in good form it would have been NID, but since murray is still trying to find his form he stands a chance. We also have to see how andy physically holds up, can he compete at a high level for 4 hours?

·
Registered
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could actually see Murray lose this.

Nishioka is another stunning player, who in today's depth is caught around the #50 mark.

He's beaten Basilashvili, Evans, Millman, Humbert already this year. Took Nadal to a TB. Went 5 sets with Delpo last RG. Beat Monfils. Beat Nishikori and DeMinaur in Cincy. Beat Goffin and RBA before that, last year. Beat Sandgren at AO, and destroyed Rublev in Sydney.

Very capable. A superior Mannarino.
I’m sure Murray will be quaking in his boots.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
GL Nishi!I think this little magician will close it in 4.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Wonder if Andy can get this done in straight sets. Probably needs to if he has a chance of making second week. Haven't seen a huge amount of Nishioka but I assume Murray will have plenty of chances to break him, R.O.S isn't quite as strong since he came back so that's something he needs to sharpen up.

·
12,374 Posts
Not type of player that GOAT loses too so will be ok here. Far from too form but enough to reach round 4 here i think

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Absolutely delighted Murray has the opportunity to make this guy his first victim at Flushing Medows this year. Time for some sweet revenge!

Also time to make histo-rray. First player to EVER compete at a slam with an artificial hip in SINGLES.

Murray in straights. Let’s go!
Murray could be the first player not to pass a metal detector too . Seriously I hope he brings it till the second week .

Go Murray

·
Registered
20,692 Posts
Murray used to struggle against players that start with Nishi- ... but -kori is just a more capable player.

Murray in 4 or 5

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I can see a lot of breaks of serve. This is the type of opponent Murray could sweep aside in three comfortable sets but on an off day he is slogging it out in four or five with lots of terrible tennis. Eitheir way I feel Murray's mental strength will see him through even if he's playing at 60%.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Nishikori should win. I thought Murray was poor in Cinci.

·
Registered
20,412 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
If both are playing decently, we could see a masterclass of tactical warfare. Both are very intelligent players and great tacticians.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I think that was a poor attempt at a joke.
Unfortunately not. Typing with the brain on autopilot appears to have outed me as a massive racist!

Yes, I meant Nishioka.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts