Banned
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprising win.
Richard has a new shirt too.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
That looked extremely painful for Stakh, the little I managed to catch of the action. Roll on Richie.

·
Registered
19,148 Posts
Great stuff. From Stak too:

:D

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
The last set was pretty darn impressive, but Richard was rushing for some reason. Maybe he realizes that he needs to play with urgency to challenge the top guys later on, or something was bothering him, who knows?

·
Registered
14,666 Posts
Alllez Gasquet!! Good solid win for him! :woohoo: :yeah:

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
Richie :yeah: Good job! :woohoo:

·
Registered
11,765 Posts
After going down a break in the 2nd, Richie was unstoppable. His backhand is a thing of beauty and it's great to see him stand inside the baseline and attack the ball more. He hit some sweet forehands today as well.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Gasquet was hitting those balls like they owed him money, almost looked like he didn't even care about the end result at times.

I'd like to get some highlights though, there were some eye-popping winners in that match, from both sides.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Gasquet was hitting those balls like they owed him money, almost looked like he didn't even care about the end result at times.

I'd like to get some highlights though, there were some eye-popping winners in that match, from both sides.
Sometimes that's when he is at his best - no pressure. Best shot was Starky's almost tweener passing shot, closely followed by Gasquet's slam-dunk backhand "overhead".

Gasquet was crushing some of his shots. He has mentioned in several interviews recently that he knows he has to be more aggressive and I think that was his way of just trying to keep his foot on the gas and not let up or choke. Sometimes it backfired with an outrageous miss but once Gasquet got on a roll (after the second set gift), Stak just watched from the sidelines.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Nice job fighting back from a break down Richie :yeah:

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
Excellent. So far most players I like have won today.

·
Registered
68,049 Posts
NID...gasquet, keep going =)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts