Registered
29,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger :facepalm:

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Re: USO R1: Sleeperer def. Giraldo 6-4 6-3 6-2

73% voted that Fed will win another major in ESPN poll...

·
Registered
7,938 Posts

giraldo's technique and strategy gives aspiring kids hope that you can reach the top 100. What an awful performance by him, and Roger will get ripped as he deserves it.

·
F***ing have it
17,602 Posts

At least the QF GS streak is safe .. i think :unsure:

·
Banned
18,509 Posts

Broken 3 times by Giraldo :superlol:

This old man is winning CYGS next year :yeah:

·
Faithful Txurigorri
24,903 Posts

Roger was channeling his inner Blake, ballbashing the beejezus out of the ball :spit:

He was cruising in the first set and suddenly Shankerer appeared and he gave out BOTH breaks to Santi :eek:

Roger's serve went out at times during the match but he got things under control in the third.

No way he's defeating a half decent opponent playing like this though.

Reactions: MariaV

·
Registered
363 Posts

Fed was hugely dissapointing. Lucky for him, His draw is very easy.

·
F***ing have it
17,602 Posts

7 of 18 BPs :worship: :lol:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts

Fed looked pissed the whole time, maybe cos Nike is forcing him to wear girlie socks :tape:

·
F***ing have it
17,602 Posts

Broken 3 times by Giraldo :superlol:

This old man is winning CYGS next year :yeah:
Sure he will ... With Hingis in mixed :p

·
Registered
7,938 Posts

usopen.org gives you an in-depth scoop on how players get harassed for autographs, they're acting like tmz paparazzi.

No wonder players are called "assholes" to some of their fans, i wouldn't take that day in and out.

·
Registered
13,526 Posts

Roger. :haha: WTF happened in that first set? Played so much better in the third; I'm bummed it wasn't a bagel.

I had much higher hopes for his chances here before I watched this match. Hopefully he shakes off some of the rust and does better in the subsequent rounds. It was interesting to see that he was working on his net play though.

·
Registered
6,789 Posts

Strange match. Liked the aggressive Fed but he was cavalier out there. It almost seemed like he was trying to hit hard and harder to get some feel on his ground strokes.

His game is not too bad at the moment for a 1st round match except for his atrocious volleys. He has two more days to get a better feel on his volleys.

·
F***ing have it
17,602 Posts

Fed looked pissed the whole time, maybe cos Nike is forcing him to wear girlie socks :taped:
Pocahontas wore for years tight Capri pants, so it's his turn

·
Registered
9,432 Posts

Apart from the walkabouts, this was actually a good 1st-round performance. Return of serve, forehand, backhand all looked good. Serve & net game variable. Movement okay. Aggressive intent. Not bad.

·
Registered
10,093 Posts

I love Roger but it wasn't pretty out there tonight.
His net game was awful and his lapses of concentration that have gotten him into trouble in the past showed up tonight in pockets.
I hope it will be easier in the next 2-3 rounds and that he'll improve with every one of those because this start wasn't good at all.

That said, Roger won in straight sets so this is all nit picking at this point of the tournament

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

Scoreline actually flatters both players IMO :eek: No way Fed would have managed a straight-sets win over a decent opponent playing like he did, whereas Giraldo should be thankful he didn't get his mouth stuffed full of bagels and/or breadsticks (especially with that pathetic serve).

·
Registered
12,577 Posts

giraldo's technique and strategy gives aspiring kids hope that you can reach the top 100. What an awful performance by him, and Roger will get ripped as he deserves it.
How does this even make sense? Hint: it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts

Scoreline actually flatters both players IMO :eek: No way Fed would have managed a straight-sets win over a decent opponent playing like he did, whereas Giraldo should be thankful he didn't get his mouth stuffed full of bagels and/or breadsticks (especially with that pathetic serve).
maybe he wouldn't have played another opponent this way :shrug:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts