Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty good quality match here with good rallies and some heavy hitting from both. Monteiro served extremely well at 78% first serve in and really should have pushed it to a 5th. He did miss an overhead for a set point in the 4th (Although not an easy one) and you could really see the disappointment in his face. Felix also had some chances to break a bit earlier and serve for the match but couldn't convert. I'm just happy Felix pulled through a tight competitive match since he really needs some confidence. Looking forward to the Murray match hope it's a good one!

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I really enjoyed this, weird event in tennis today where both players actually atack and want to win by themselves

A shame it didn't go to a 5th

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
With all the numbers in the thread title, I assumed it did.
Really close match , a smash by Monteiro away from the 5th, missed because of ruthless attacking , which is fine . This was win or die with your own racket . Hit or closely miss . Bravo to both .

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
I watched 150+ Monteiro matches in my life (including 3 in real life), and I think this is the best he ever played. He played top 30 material match. FAA was in disbilief so often.
FAA played much better than against Sandgren last week.
Yeah, I thought they were both very good from the back of the court and on serve. Felix was hardly making errors on his BH wing which is usually a regular thing for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts