Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ramos was predictably awful, but Karen gave him nothing on serve. Very clean performance from Khachanov who's been slipping under the radar the past few months.

Watch out for that potential R3 against Nadal; I think it is going to be trickier for the latter than many here excepted to be.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Easy peasy opening round for Khachanov, had simply too much firepower for the Spaniard :thumbsup: ARV called the trainer at some point but don't know why as I had no commentary and was flipping between matches.

Without getting carried away by one win against poor opposition, I genuinely think Khachanov is poised to make a good slam run (QF or better) within the next year or so and who knows, it could happen here if the stars align :angel:

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
Ramos was predictably awful, but Karen gave him nothing on serve. Very clean performance from Khachanov who's been slipping under the radar the past few months.

Watch out for that potential R3 against Nadal; I think it is going to be trickier for the latter than many here excepted to be.
Tricky as in "Khachanov may take a set or three against Nadal" or tricky as in "Nadal may need a TB or two to beat Khachanov"?

Because if it's the latter, I wouldn't worry just yet.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tricky as in "Khachanov may take a set or three against Nadal" or tricky as in "Nadal may need a TB or two to beat Khachanov"?

Because if it's the latter, I wouldn't worry just yet.
If Nadal is not sharp yet after two rounds, I see Karen snatching his first set here..We'll see how the match goes from there-- that's if we get it..

Seems like something is building up for Khachanov since the French Open..

·
Registered
10,405 Posts
If Nadal is not sharp yet after two rounds, I see Karen snatching his first set here..We'll see how the match goes from there-- that's if we get it..

I still think you are overestimating Khachanov's ability to threaten Nadal, but then again, I haven't watched him so far, so maybe I'm just ignorant. We shall see.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts

Khachanov hasn't been able to consistently play a whole good set of tennis against nadal. His plan B for when Nadal starts retrieving all his shots is to hit it even harder, resulting in more UEs and an easie time for Rafa.
If he couldn't do it even for 1 set there is NOTHING to suggest that he can do it for 3 sets.

He lost all 9 sets he played against Rafa, and only 2 of them went to a tiebreak. With his serve and shot power, that is way too little. Very weak mental strenght to deal with Rafa at this stage of his career.

·
|
14,285 Posts
Khachanov is a danger to Nadal if Khachanov is hitting clean winners.
But if he's not on fire then he hasn't got much hope, because his b-game isn't great and he hasn't got a monster serve to get free points with.
Its a danger match for Nadal, but only if Khachanov is peaking on the day.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
The Khachanov match will be a banana skin for Nadal. We all know Khachanov is one dimensional, and that will be his undoing. Nadal might drop a set, but he is not going to lose that match.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Khachanov is a danger to Nadal if Khachanov is hitting clean winners.
But if he's not on fire then he hasn't got much hope, because his b-game isn't great and he hasn't got a monster serve to get free points with.
Its a danger match for Nadal, but only if Khachanov is peaking on the day.
No doubt if they both get that far we'll still get bombed with 300 million posts from you trying to make people think the match will seem far more difficult for Nadal than it actually will be as usual though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts