Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
17,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:sad:

Obviously tight first 2 sets but Djoker seemed nervous and passive. Janko was really pushing Novak....and he convincingly took the 2nd set breaker.

It took Janko taking the 2nd set for Djokovic to finally raise his game.

Janko seemed to have problems with his upper-leg but if that wasn't the case, I'm not too sure what specifically was troubling him.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Re: USO QF: Djokovic def. Tipsarevic 7-6, 6-7, 6-0, 3-0 RET

Let the whining begin. :getting popcorn:

·
Registered
2,433 Posts

You've got to be fucking kidding me. How many times have Djokovic's opponents retired this year?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

Another retirement :eek:
Congrats on your 10th title in 2011 :worship:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Finally!!! Now, the match of the tournament so far... Federer vs. Tsonga.

·
Registered
19,319 Posts
:sad:

The match was high quality tennis in the first 2 sets and in the third Nole played great

I'm sad for Tipsy but a Grand Slam QF is a great result for him

Nole :yeah: Tipsy :hug:

·
Registered
614 Posts
how many retirement wins did djokovic have this year?

·
Registered
3,744 Posts

Poor Janko :sad:

He played so great. So amazing to see him with a fire in the eyes for 5 matches in a row. He is clearly on the way to his 1st title and TOP-10, i hope.

·
Registered
20,460 Posts
That's how you tell champions from wannabees: Djokovic gets injured, he fights on, Tipsarevic gets injured he gives up two games later.

·
Registered
29,419 Posts

why did he retire??
His legs gave out. Couldn't even jump up on the serve.

Anyway, awesome two first sets and Janko really did try to win. That's all you could ask really. :hug: Too bad it had to end like that.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Tipsy, but that was a heartbreaker.

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
What a surprise. Tipsarevic the chauvinist clown quits again when he's losing. A loser in every respect.

At least this saves Novak's body from more wear and tear, and Tipsy is free to be his lap dog again. :cool:

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
That's how you tell champions from wannabees: Djokovic gets injured, he fights on, Tipsarevic gets injured he gives up two games later.
Janko wasn't hurting, he just had no energy left. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
Fedaltards were in full force before the match, predicting bending over, etc. Janko predictably took it to Djoko. You have to understand, Janko envies Djoko deep down. Janko was the big hope, but blew his talent on parties and chasing birds and tarts while Djoko worked hard. Janko is always hyped when playing against top dogs, and he was especially up for a fight against Djokovic.

Djokovic needed this kick to galvanize his effort and shake off the rust. He is a rhythm player and looked visibly out of touch for the parts of the first two sets. Janko played really well and clubbed it as hard as it could. Great match overall.

I am not convinced that Janko will maintain or exceed this level. He had ups and downs in the past, would be good to see him have a strong finish of the year. His fitness is better, but still not stellar. Thigh injury, if I am not mistaken, seems to be chronic. Not a good sign.

As for Djoko, I hope this is what he needed in the middle of the tournament. Could well be.

·
Premium Member
21,474 Posts
To be fair, Tipsy had leg-related problems all summer and possibly longer, and this was a grueling match. All credit to him for a good fight, really gave everything, but will have to work more on fitness :)

1 - 20 of 129 Posts