1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,645 Posts
This is true and its about damn time

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Why not start on sunday rather than having Monday final?

I doubt monday afternoon is the best time to watch it for americans

edit...i read in wrong

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

Monday final is awful. Literally everybody with jobs and school misses the first set or two at the very least.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
* Schedule is subject to change

·
Super Moderator
18,668 Posts

Its not - but its not competing with the NFL at that time slot.

As someone who attends the entire first week, the 1st round matches over three days was the worst part. Thank god that's over.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The only problem with US Open scheduling is the location of USA relative to most of the world which makes it extremely uncomfortable to watch. Stay up all night or get up at 5am..

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
It will depend on how many courts will be streamed.

Assuming they will have all courter streamed, just like the AO is doing, then I agree with you.

If not, then we'll lose a lot of good matches in smaller courts, since they're always scheduling the americans for the show courts.

I remember I wasn't able to watch Paire vs. Dimitrov in USO 2012. :facepalm:

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It will depend on how many courts will be streamed.

Assuming they will have all courter streamed, just like the AO is doing, then I agree with you.

If not, then we'll lose a lot of good matches in smaller courts, since they're always scheduling the americans for the show courts.

I remember I wasn't able to watch Paire vs. Dimitrov in USO 2012. :facepalm:
http://www.usopen.org/news/us_open_to_feature_14-day_schedule_full_coverage_on_espn_for_2015/

"With this agreement, we have the opportunity to go beyond where we are today – to be able to televise every match on every court on different platforms,"

In this first full year of the US Open’s partnership with ESPN, fans will be able to follow the action on TV on ESPN and ESPN2, as well as via daylong live streaming of all TV courts on ESPN3 and through the Watch ESPN app – a “digital grounds pass” – with full coverage from start to finish.

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
http://www.usopen.org/news/us_open_to_feature_14-day_schedule_full_coverage_on_espn_for_2015/

"With this agreement, we have the opportunity to go beyond where we are today – to be able to televise every match on every court on different platforms,"

In this first full year of the US Open’s partnership with ESPN, fans will be able to follow the action on TV on ESPN and ESPN2, as well as via daylong live streaming of all TV courts on ESPN3 and through the Watch ESPN app – a “digital grounds pass” – with full coverage from start to finish.
:worship:

That mean Watch ESPN will probably offer this here too, since they did the same in the Aussie. :cool:

·
Registered
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:worship:

That mean Watch ESPN will probably offer this here too, since they did the same in the Aussie. :cool:
It was very funny, when Nishikori-Andreozzi was on TV court and Paire-Dimitrov wasn't :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts