Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If only W could be uncancelled and be held without fans as well, since it cannot be postponed to a later date and also cannot be held at an alternate venue!! It seems unfair to have the AO, USO, and FO, but not W, it really hurts players like Rogie a lot (Serena too maybe?)... Your thoughts??

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please google both USO and FO, they're willing to hold without fans it appears!! Still might not have them due to logistics, other countries not allowing travel, etc...

·
|
14,278 Posts
I would think you'd be grateful to have THREE slams completed in such a restricted year like this, no need for Wimbledon.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If only W could be uncancelled and be held without fans as well, since it cannot be postponed to a later date and also cannot be held at an alternate venue!! It seems unfair to have the AO, USO, and FO, but not W, it really hurts players like Rogie a lot (Serena too maybe?)... Your thoughts??
The whole clay season’s been cancelled. That ‘seems’ unfair on Nadal. Djokovic was on a 17-match unbeaten run and was the 2-time defending champion at SW19. ‘Seems’ unfair on him. No point trying to make this whole thing about ‘who‘s been affected the worst by this, just got to hope tennis can get back to normal ASAP. As far as playing without fans goes, I don’t like the idea. Misses the point of it a bit IMO.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but Rogie's greatest chances to win are in W and he has to wait until 2021 to play it now at the age of nearly 40!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes, but Rogie's greatest chances to win are in W and he has to wait until 2021 to play it now at the age of nearly 40!!
Chances are we won’t get another slam at all this year. I assume you’ll be the first to say that’s unfair on Nadal? There are loads of players that will feel unduly punished by this, Thiem, Zverev, Nadal, Djokovic, plus others. I just don’t see the point in fixating on any one player.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Thiem, Zverev are in their 20s, Rafa and Djokovic are pushing 34 and 33 repectively, but Rogie's pushing 39 in August, he doesn't have much time left to play and win grand slams, they all still have years, so it is a valid point... It's not just me being a Rogie fan, it's his age that's the biggest factor!!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if there is a FO, they could have a week of clay between the end of the USO and the beginning of the FO or two weeks if it's moved to September 27th instead of September 20th... Let's say there's a FO, but no USO, then they have clay in August and September to get ready for it and Rafa for example would have his beloved clay season after all... It'll be very interesting to see what's decided in the next few weeks regarding the USO, will they have it or not, to be decided in June and also to be decided later this week I think, will tennis resume on July 13the or not!!

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
USO links:

FO links:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
You just have to blame Wimbledon to cancel the event so prematurely. I mean they could've held the event with no crowd as well. In fact, all sports events will be held with no crowd until vaccine and treatment come out. We just need to learn to deal with the virus until then.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can they uncancel Wimbledon or is it too late now?? Seriously, let's start the grass season in early June, like originally planned, there's still time for the players to be ready for grass season if they could uncancel it this week!!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Can they uncancel Wimbledon or is it too late now?? Seriously, let's start the grass season in early June, like originally planned, there's still time for the players to be ready for grass season if they could uncancel it this week!!
I honestly hope so. I am a diehard Rafa fan and I know Rafa's chance of winning Wimby is kinda slim, I still don't want to see a major get cancelled like that. It just sucks. It leaves question marks when big 3 all retire and fans start debating the GOAT. The margins will be slim among big three and the difference could be just one or two majors. One major getting cancelled is huge, it could potentially belong to any of big 3.

Tennis pundits and fans were all criticizing RG for postponing the event without consulting ATP and players and stuff, and were praising Wimbledon for fucking cancelling the event. How absurd is that? I don't hear those RG criticisms anymore these days. Wimbledon must be kicking their butt off after seeing RG and USO will be potentially held without the crowd.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts