1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
the biggest shock about that match is Medvedev dropped serve

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Credit to Medvedev, but it looked like Tiafoe never showed up. Not an ad for men's tennis.

Reactions: cpbdea

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Maan... that's a beat down

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Tiafoe should have tried to hit a linesperson during the warm-up, would have made it easier for himself, Medvedev and everybody else involved. It was a total beatdown, Medvedev was absolutely flawless. He does stuff to you and Tiafoe realized that very early.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Why am I cheering for Medvy so hard....I'm a Thiem fan...Anyways, boring match....no fight at all from Tiafoe...he completely gave up in the second set...

Btw, did one of the commentators mention Medvedev's weight???...I kinda agree, he looks unhealthily skinny....someone feed him...

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
Haven't seen Medvedev this good since last year.

Tiafoe had nothing to hurt him with. But still, that last set was so weak from Frances... almost looked like he was physically hampered.

Brad Gilbert seems drunk again in the on-court interview, wtf is he talking about?
"WHEN I WAS RUNNING TO MY SEAT I SPILLED HOT SAUCE ALL OVER MY PANTS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THAT SITUATION?"

Perhaps Biden is not the only one with dementia

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Tiafoe should have tried to hit a linesperson during the warm-up, would have made it easier for himself, Medvedev and everybody else involved. It was a total beatdown, Medvedev was absolutely flawless. He does stuff to you and Tiafoe realized that very early.

open court , Medvedev is not near of the net to send the ball into him...

this is the IQ of Tiafoe LOL

·
Registered
760 Posts
I think it was just a lighthearted middle finger from Tiafoe. People need to relax.

How was the handshake/racket tap?

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
It was only towards the end that he gave up, and he was playing well in the first set. The credit should go to Medvedev for completely demoralizing Tiafoe with some amazing tennis.
Then you must have seen a different match, because I don't consider hitting only 4 winners and 14 UEs in one set to be good tennis. The early breaks in the second set crushed his motivation even more.

I gave Medvedev credit, but he wasn't tested at all tonight.

Brad Gilbert seems drunk again in the on-court interview, wtf is he talking about?
"WHEN I WAS RUNNING TO MY SEAT I SPILLED HOT SAUCE ALL OVER MY PANTS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THAT SITUATION?"

Perhaps Biden is not the only one with dementia
Yeah, what was that all about? Medvedev refused to respond when BG started talking about a woman whiping him off :LOL:

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
I think it was just a lighthearted middle finger from Tiafoe. People need to relax.

It was actually really cold. Tiafoe hardly looked at Medvedev, didn't say a word, only tapped his racquet and walked away.

Didn't seem like they're very close friends to me.

Reactions: Ronman

·
Registered
4,717 Posts

They tapped, but Tiafoe didn't even look at him. Maybe something that has to do with the Donald Young story?

·
Registered
760 Posts
They tapped, but Tiafoe didn't even look at him. Maybe something that has to do with the Donald Young story?
Yes, with all that is going on in America, Tiafoe is probably sick of having to deal with people who have said racist things.

Can't say I blame him. I think Medvedev said "you guys must know each other" to a black linesman and Donald Young.

Ofcourse nobody says that regarding white linesman/player.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Yes, with all that is going on in America, Tiafoe is probably sick of having to deal with people who have said racist things.

Can't say I blame him. I think Medvedev said "you guys must know each other" to a black linesman and Donald Young.

Ofcourse nobody says that regarding white linesman/player.
Oh you don't have to convince me. Him being banned for those racist comments is one of the reasons why I don't like Medvedev and never will. It helps that his game is a total pushing snoozefest.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts