Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pospisil was much better in the first set despite making too many errors to break, and went up 6-2 in the TB playing great despite two DFs, only to drop six straight points and completely lose steam afterwards. Basically cleaned up the draw for ADM to profit, sad.

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,102 Posts
I don't think this match result would have changed when Pospisil wins the 1st set.
De Minaur would have won in 4 sets then.
Those returns are out of this world, he nearly returned every serve from Pospisil in sets 2 & 3, insane.

Reactions: paca and Meddy Bär

·
Administrator
12,224 Posts
Pospisil completely lost it after he blew that first set TB. He got totally outplayed the rest of the way.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Disgusting.I blame RBA for all this shit

·
justice for all
17,597 Posts
That was a very impressive blitzkrieg. Well done, Demon.

·
Registered
20,697 Posts
Very weird.

Posp looked better, gave away the tiebreak from 6-2 up, and was never the same again...

its hard when you're kind of physically and mentally on fumes, to dealing with blowing a set against ADM where you know you'll be in a grueling match.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
Yeahhhh best result ever! Now please make it into the semis you goat!!!!

·
Registered
14,045 Posts
It always comes down to the mental side for Vasek in the end. He brutally choked the 1st set TB and never recovered after that. De Minaur didn't have to do too much as Pospisil self destructed. Still a great week, though he'll be kicking himself over this performance.

·
30,362 Posts
I don't think this match result would have changed when Pospisil wins the 1st set.
De Minaur would have won in 4 sets then.
Those returns are out of this world, he nearly returned every serve from Pospisil in sets 2 & 3, insane.
Agree and Pospisil looked tired.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
This is the end of the road for popsicle, he had a good tournament though, he can take with him a lot of positives.
Another next gener in the QF. They are ruling this tournament. Only thiem can realistically stop them. Or PCB with some voodoo I guess :p

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
Very strange stuff from Vasek, I mean yes he gave away the TB in the first set but so did Shapo yesterday (he didn't have SPs but still)... that does not excuse Pospisil's attitude in sets 2 and 3. Although he might have been tired, he looked to be almost tanking. In a slam R16. If there were spectators he would have been booed, it all just looked very unprofessional.

Too bad because I'd rather have seen him win this match. But Alex is solid and you have to actually beat that guy, he doesn't often beat himself.

·
Premium Member
29,536 Posts
This is the end of the road for popsicle, he had a good tournament though, he can take with him a lot of positives.
Another next gener in the QF. They are ruling this tournament. Only thiem can realistically stop him. Or PCB with some voodoo I guess :p
Did you mean to say "them"? Because every player left in the draw is capable of beating De Minaur.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Yo, that's why its called a choke
lol
To be fair, if this was played in 1st round, most likely he would have won the TB and possibly the match
There is a reason why he won against his buddy Milos chocolate

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Did you mean to say "them"? Because every player left in the draw is capable of beating De Minaur.
Good catch, yeah I meant them, the minotaur is probably not that strong yet.

·
Registered
20,697 Posts
Typical choke?

Posp had a 8-4 record against top 20 players before this match, have some respect, please.

He's been plenty clutch.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts