Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The kid is promising but far too erratic to compete at this level yet, of course. Med swiftly into 4R, great.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Lol what is "promising"? Not playing against top 50 player before the quaters. Still think he will be in trouble when he plays top 20 opponent.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Wolf is a cool player, but he was never going to beat the Defense Minister of course.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Wolf is a promising prospect, by far my favorite American player.
Medvedev looking strong, too bad there is no crowd to taunt like last year.

Reactions: Break point Dom.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Why does Medvedev have a BMW "M" badge on his sleeve? He must be the only player with a sponsor like that. 😃😎

First time I see this Wolf. 3rd round here is a great result for him. And nice hair, btw.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I watched JJ for the first time and even though he's young and practically still a college student I believe or is he a fulltime pro now(?) He sure as hell has the game to bother Daniil, give him a year or two and he'll get there if he continue's to improve.

·
Registered
7,656 Posts
Unsurprisingly the bear tears apart the wolf.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
Why does Medvedev have a BMW "M" badge on his sleeve? He must be the only player with a sponsor like that. 😃😎

First time I see this Wolf. 3rd round here is a great result for him. And nice hair, btw.
He has a sponsorship deal with BMW

“BMW M is BMW’s fastest, most powerful and most innovative sports car. And Daniil Medvedev is the brightest and most titled Russian tennis player right now.” The director general of BMW Russia, Stefan Teuchert, said in a statement.

“On the tennis court, Medvedev demonstrates qualities typical of BMW sports cars – speed, power, intelligence and a strong character. We are glad that we managed to agree on cooperation, and we look forward to future joint projects.”

·
Your visions will happen
48,517 Posts
Wolf one of the better US prospects, he had a nice run and as good a showing as possible vs Med

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
“On the tennis court, Medvedev demonstrates qualities typical of BMW sports cars – speed, power, intelligence and a strong character. We are glad that we managed to agree on cooperation, and we look forward to future joint projects.”

I imagined so :D I wonder what $$$ he gets for it...

·
Registered
814 Posts

Good first GS showing from JJW. This result was NID.

I watched JJ for the first time and even though he's young and practically still a college student I believe or is he a fulltime pro now(?).
He's turned pro last year.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
The kid is promising but far too erratic to compete at this level yet, of course. Med swiftly into 4R, great.
Kid? He's 21, 22 later this year.

Daniil Medvedev is the only one that can stop Novak Djokovic.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Enjoyed watching Wolf this tournament after seeing him as regular in the challengers last two years. More to come from him in the future.

Fancy Medvedev to make the final again. Think he'd beat Theim if they meet in SF.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts