Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 21 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Wow, that's a surprise. Vasek almost breaking at will after the first set.

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Very bad result for No1e. Although it was very unlikely Raonic would've made the final with that draw anyway.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Fully earned for Vasek. Pretty steady and solid level (saw 3rd and 4th sets), both serve and ground game.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
For anyone still underrating Vasek, he is now 8-4 against top 20 opponents over the last two years. He's playing the best tennis of his life (pretty clearly top 10-20 level) and this honestly might have been the best match he's ever played considering the stage and his opponent. RBA will be a much tougher match for him, though. He'll have to resist the urge to engage in rallies with him and net approach as often as possible. That's proven difficult in the past.

Unfortunate draw for Milos here for sure. He likely would have gone far here but ran into a very hot player today. At least he appeared to get out of the match without injury and can hopefully play a normal rest of the season. If he does, his ranking will rise up again.

·
Registered
16,880 Posts
Peak Pospisil showed up, Raonic was very mediocre in the last set.

Although I predicted him a SF run, but I just didn't expect such a compatriot battle... my bad, that was really unexpected.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
I'm sure it won't, but this US Open should shut up the people who claim the sport will be dominated by servebots unless every court plays like Monte Carlo.
Vasek is probably a top 10 server on tour when healthy. Serving absolute bombs today. Raonic barely had a chance to break for most of it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Cincy final broke Raonic mentally. He now needs another 6 months to recover.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
Peak Pospisil showed up, Raonic was very mediocre in the last set.

Although I predicted him a SF run, but I just didn't expect such a compatriot battle... my bad, that was really unexpected.
I thought Milos would go far as well as I didn't see Vasek being able to produce that kind of level when it really mattered at the slam/best of 5 level (he's never really done it before). He proved me wrong.

·
Your visions will happen
48,633 Posts
Wow big win

People now will pay more attention and respect to Vasek about the union idea now. People are very fickle minded. Because he won vs Milos, more people will talk about the player union, and the more he wins, the more it will be so

Sad but true fact of life, and congrats to him

Milos was far too heavy footed out there, caught off balance all the time by a guy who knows all his patterns

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
People now will pay more attention and respect to Vasek about the union idea now. People are very fickle minded. Because he won vs Milos, more people will talk about the player union, and the more he wins, the more it will be so
Milos lost against his two new union bosses in the one week. Must be angling for shop steward or something.

1 - 21 of 91 Posts