Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Botrev we've seen at AO is back so far. Too much for Nakashima even though he was even to slightly better than Zverev in play (other than the serve) before the fourth set collapse.

·
Registered
20,494 Posts
Zverev unexpectedly playing awesome tennis at slams, making us all lose coin in the process.

Reactions: Cloren

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Zverev was playing well at times in the first set and decent in the end, the rest was garbage pushing. His first serve was back though and kept him alive.

Nakashima strong, BH extremely good, FH also, great handskills. Some sick returns agaist 200+ serves and netgame also rock solid.

Reactions: Meddy Bär

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Zverev is playing well outside that shit 2nd serve. Won’t matter too much if he can serve at 80% or so though. Still don’t understand 2020 though, I know it’s just 4-5 tournaments but Zverev’s has only been able to win multiple matches in slams this year 😅

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Great Match! Nakashima is gonna be the real deal. Amazing Reactions and such a beautiful game. Going to follow him!

Also I‘m very pleased how Sascha played. Really well today and Set 4 was nearly prime Sascha! Onwards and upwards!

·
Your visions will happen
50,852 Posts
Well the kid is the real deal, played great here. Still a long way to go but a strong showing

Zverev is still on upset alert for every single round for me

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
First time that I see Nakashima more than 10 minutes, and I was very pleased with what I saw. This kid showed some great ability with his backhand (his movement reminds me Rios), good net skills too (probably helped by Pat Cash who was in the stands) but Zverev was solid, especially with his devastating first serve. In this section of the draw, I expect a clash between Sasha and Stefanos in the QF.

·
Registered
829 Posts
His FH needs some work but Nakashima looks like the most complete American to have come through in years. You can instantly tell the difference between a player who took an Agassi-like approach to their game, and the rest who (poorly) copied Roddick. Very refreshing to witness.

He lost some time due to a one-semester stint in college and COVID but I hope he can start racking up points and building his ranking soon.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Bring on Stef-Sasha 👍

Nakashima has nothing to be embarrassed about.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
3 hours and 4 sets to beat nr. 223 in the world. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Reactions: Budadiii and Cloren

·
Administrator
9,591 Posts
Nakashima is the real American deal imo. He just has a few things to adjust, but his overall game is splendid already. Barely played atp tennis, hence his weak ranking, but people who determine the players qualities by ranking position barely watch them.

Nakashima’s bh and netskills are top notch. Serve is alright as well, movement is very good for barely playing atp tennis. Only thing missing is a functioning fh, but the technique is alright. Has quite an East Asian style to play, fits great to USTA as Americans know how to teach them good fhs.

Forget Donaldson, Mmoh (lol) or Fritz. That guy will carry home the Slams for America in four to ten years. I sense already a Sinner-Nakashima USO final

·
12,424 Posts
Great stuff. Hitting really well. Serving great from first serve

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Nakashima is the real American deal imo. He just has a few things to adjust, but his overall game is splendid already. Barely played atp tennis, hence his weak ranking, but people who determine the players qualities by ranking position barely watch them.

Nakashima’s bh and netskills are top notch. Serve is alright as well, movement is very good for barely playing atp tennis. Only thing missing is a functioning fh, but the technique is alright. Has quite an East Asian style to play, fits great to USTA as Americans know how to teach them good fhs.

Forget Donaldson, Mmoh (lol) or Fritz. That guy will carry home the Slams for America in four to ten years. I sense already a Sinner-Nakashima USO final
Very early days to make that sort of prediction, Nakashima still has very few big wins in his career; his biggest is Cam Norrie at 60. He also was routines 2 & 4 last week by Fucsovic. He played okay today but clearly couldn't keep up that level.

·
Administrator
9,591 Posts
Very early days to make that sort of prediction, Nakashima still has very few big wins in his career; his biggest is Cam Norrie at 60. He also was routines 2 & 4 last week by Fucsovic. He played okay today but clearly couldn't keep up that level.
Results don’t say much. You can be winning many matches as a youngster, but have pish basics. That’s like the story of most of the young Americans, have some deep runs and shiny results here and there, but no slam winning shots or potential.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the first time I’ve watched him, but if he works hard on his assets then he will be certainly a top player.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
First 2 sets were good tennis. Zverev’s first serve was pretty damn impressive today and kept him alive at first. Nakashima was the better player in rallies and showed some good shit out there bar his forehand over hitting often.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Well the kid is the real deal, played great here. Still a long way to go but a strong showing

Zverev is still on upset alert for every single round for me
Feels like he’s beat the two most dangerous opponents in his section though, Mannarino, Davidovich-Fokina and Norrie aren’t really known as giant-beaters.

Reactions: Cloren
1 - 20 of 34 Posts