Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
justice for all
15,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some mental lapses in the first two sets where he got broken when leading with a break advantage but generally a good performance from Dominic.
It felt more like a training session cause Summit doesn’t have even weapons to hurt Dominator.
Only Massu’s tense face showed he was a bit concerned with his player when he was spraying some unforced errors in the initial phase of this match.

Cilic next who isn’t in top form but is a former USO champion after all. Nevertheless I feel Dominic should take this hurdle without much trouble.

2 down and 5 to go! Go, champ!

EDIT: @-Dominator- thanks for the reminder, happy birthday, Domi!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
See this scoreline and wonder what's the reason Thiem didn't gift us the perfect 3-3-3 scoreline despite celebrating his birthday today?

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Nadal really declined lately.

Happy birtday Demonic 😁🥳🥳🎂🎂

·
Registered
980 Posts
Looks like thiem is finding his game, if he keeps improving he will have a look at the title here.

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Original is original. Duplicate is duplicate.

Screw you, Nagal.

·
Super Moderator
8,828 Posts
Nagal better to focus on clay, he might have some good chances on clay at Roland Garros. Hopefully he gets Novak in the first round at RG for El Plastico

Reactions: skytennis

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Can't think of much that hasn't been said here already, but this is the way to go Dominic!

He's been slowly but steadily improving his game this week, from the disaster that we can now hopefully already forget about, as that raised all sorts of concerns for me on whether Domi's form had just suddenly disappeared after all the superb performances at exhos during the summer, or whether he might have once again caught a flu (or even something worse than just a flu).

This was a good win with a perfect timing for me, and surely for Dominic as well. Especially since the b'day celebrations after the match are likely to be quite minimal in the bubble.

Never mind that Nagal was clueless at times and not the toughest opponent to test one's form against. It's not Domi's fault that he happens to have a pretty nice draw this time around.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Nice birthday win for Thiem!

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
domi wasn't sure if this was going in, nice banana shot anyway. looks like he's getting some feeling for these courts and his timing is improving. wd.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I feel so sorry for this Indian guy for having such a similar name to the greatest. I dunno how many times he has been mistaken for Nadal. Even on this board, there are still many posters who are confusing the two names. I believe if this guy's name were something like Naval, he would be much better off as a tennis player and wouldn't have been beaten by Thiem so lopsidedly.

·
Registered
21,759 Posts
The funniest thing about this match was definitely this:

He’s right in terms of not accepting to drink it in a cup of course, he shouldn’t do that, due to the doping rules and stuff. Fair play there. But that meltdown and tantrum because he can’t drink a can of red bull 😂😂 get another drink, what a child lmao

·
Registered
137 Posts
The funniest thing about this match was definitely this:

He’s right in terms of not accepting to drink it in a cup of course, he shouldn’t do that, due to the doping rules and stuff. Fair play there. But that meltdown and tantrum because he can’t drink a can of red bull 😂😂 get another drink, what a child lmao
He did accept drinking it from a cup, he just insisted that they bring the cup to him and let him pour it himself, rather than have the official take away the (already opened) drink and bring it back to him in a cup, which was the initial suggestion from the official I believe. And the official did bring him some paper cups at the next changeover, trying to hide the Red Bull can from the camera with a towel while Dominic was doing the pouring duties. :ROFLMAO:

Also, there was this on Wednesday:

·
11,027 Posts
He did accept drinking it from a cup, he just insisted that they bring the cup to him and let him pour it himself, rather than have the official take away the (already opened) drink and bring it back to him in a cup, which was the initial suggestion from the official I believe. And the official did bring him some paper cups at the next changeover, trying to hide the Red Bull can from the camera with a towel while Dominic was doing the pouring duties. :ROFLMAO:

Also, there was this on Wednesday:
Lol Thiem should be sponsored, well done.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts