Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hipray toast after a tough 1R match, unsurprisingly enough. Slow, erratic, cursing desperately. Sad sight. FAA looks good enough to give Thiem a nice workout in 4R though, hoping both make it.

·
King Of Tennis
3,792 Posts
Lmao!!! Fucking hilarious. Not a SINGLE break point earned. Total waste of a wildcard by the USTA. Embarrassing, challenger level performance. He may as well hop on a plane and try to vulture some challenger taking place next week, it's where his game belongs.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Very easy match for Felix. Murray had nothing left.

You’ll see his true level in the next round because Evans/Moutet will give him a hell of a test.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Lmao!!! Fucking hilarious. Not a SINGLE break point earned. Total waste of a wildcard by the USTA. Embarrassing, challenger level performance. He may as well hop on a plane and try to vulture some challenger taking place next week, it's where his game belongs.
He wasn’t a wildcard...

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts
Cope

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Calm down guys, the man is playing with a foreign substance in his hip and is playing due to love for the game of tennis. I don't know if he can ever run like a normal man and chase down the balls like he used to when he was at the top of his game. As of now, the man has no wheels and has no breaks. I feel sorry for him.

Btw, FAA played like a dynamite. Explosive performance from him. Never seen him play like that.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I was only able to watch the last two games of this match. I know Murray was probably tired, but FAA looked impressive, and the statistics from the match look incredibly good for him. Seems like he's serving and returning great. Could give Thiem a huge amount of trouble, if they both make it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It was painful to watch Murray. Second serves in the 90s and quite a few in the 80 and 70s. Shots lacking power and accuracy. Inability to hit winners. Poor movement. Losing long rallies.

·
Registered
64 Posts
FAA was fantastic. The lack of noise really seems to focus him more. Murray is just done. His game relied so hard on his movement and now its just not there. Possibly forever. The days of him just probing and probing with his forehand are done.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Andy Murray had no break points at all. I think that's partly to his struggles but make no mistake that it's largely due to Felix's unbelievable serving! I thought he might have a dip at some point, but no he just kept going. Really impressive stuff.

Reactions: cpbdea

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Murray is a legend of the game and you are a sad troll. Have more respect.

·
22,297 Posts
Can’t write off Murray entirely but he does look finished. He was trash today, FAA was great and solid. Generates easy power on both wings and has a good serve.

This felt like a typical big 3 match vs a lower ranked player mug in the early stages of a slam, that’s how routine this match was.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Can’t write off Murray entirely but he does look finished. He was trash today, FAA was great and solid. Generates easy power on both wings and has a good serve.

This felt like a typical big 3 match vs a lower ranked player mug in the early stages of a slam, that’s how routine this match was.

If Murray ever makes the Quarters of a slam again it'll be a huge effort.Too much tennis and wear and tear on his body for him to cope it seems.

At this stage it only seems like he's a contender for 250's & 500's from here on end.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts