Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Very tough, but then again so was AO 2017 so lets not give up hope :D

I hope your thread goes one step further than my Cincy thread!

·
Registered
965 Posts
As though the Cincinnati performance wasn't enough to put a wrench on my expectations for Federer this USO. This draw is so tough that it's laughable. Zero expectations now as a fan. The last time I had a similar feeling with the draw was in AO2017 and you know what happened. But again lightning strikes only once.....

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I had a feeling Djokovic would be drawn in Federer's half. If Roger manages to get past him, assuming they both make it that far, he might even win it. :O

I can't decide whether to be realistic or optimistic. :D

·
Registered
973 Posts
Brutal draw... As other's have mentioned reminiscent of AO 17. I don't see Djoker falling before the QF with the players in his 1/16th, hopefully Roger can make it there too and have a better showing than in Cinci. Cmon Roger!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
So ailing Djokovic does not draw Federer in his quarter in AO/Wimby, but now that he's won a slam and a M1000 he had to fall in Federer's quarter.
Awesome.

Just hoping that he gets back to at least late 2017 levels, where his serve and either forehand/backhand was working.
With that even if he does not win USO, we can hope for Shanghai/Basel/WTF.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Roger practicing with Marin Cilic on Grandstand:

From US Open twitter: Roger smiling after practice. Hopefully that means that it went well (hard to see in the video, but he seems to practice ROS!), though it's probably just being nice to Simona here.

Other pictures with smiling Roger during that practice:

During service motion:

·
Registered
965 Posts
So ailing Djokovic does not draw Federer in his quarter in AO/Wimby, but now that he's won a slam and a M1000 he had to fall in Federer's quarter.
Awesome.

Just hoping that he gets back to at least late 2017 levels, where his serve and either forehand/backhand was working.
With that even if he does not win USO, we can hope for Shanghai/Basel/WTF.
Would be nice if Federer won an US open match against him for a change....So many matches of Federer winning Cincy and Djokovic winning USO..A swap would be good....Wishful thinking...

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Among all the GS, USO is the one which I wanna see Roger win very badly...used to be my fav GS and watching Roger play in Newyork under lights was such a beautiful sight and those courts were just perfect for Roger's playstyle...it's a shame those courts became slow af in recent years.

·
Registered
6,477 Posts
No freebies... In a way I like this draw though. 100% legit if he pulls it through. Flipside of course is that it could end up being a taxing journey, or even an upset at some stage. How is the stamina these days... As someone noted, Djok possibly in QF is probably better than SF, or F would've been. Less mileage for Fed, but enough to already be in the groove.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts