Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Botminic in the house, 41/44 points won on 1st serve. Was actually perfect at 100% 1st serve points won until the penultimate service game but he choked it away :crying:

Can't say anything about his overall level because a pusher in the slow evening conditions is obviously the perfect match-up.

·
Registered
958 Posts
As a Thiem fan, I don't watch his matches on hard court. It's just a matter of time before he starts hitting backhands 2 meters long and puts his head down. Unfortunately that's how it is.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
People are now beating you at opening match threads!!! :surprise:

Concerning stuff
Concerning stuff indeed.

As a Thiem fan, I don't watch his matches on hard court. It's just a matter of time before he starts hitting backhands 2 meters long and puts his head down. Unfortunately that's how it is.
There is so little expectation that I'm secretly hoping for a good run here.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Interestingly enough, Thiem said that the USO is his favourite slam :eek:. One would think that it would be RG, but no it's the US Open. He just likes to play here in NY. Maybe he can make a good run at his favourite slam.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'm not necessarily expecting big things from Dominic here in New York, but I think it's a mistake to consider him a non-factor. Like Rafa, the conditions clearly suit him and Dominic found some excellent form here last year - he should have reached the quarterfinal, but was ultimately swindled by peak Del Possum's forehand and acting skills. Domi has two main contenders in his section, Anderson and Nadal, so he has a chance to make a real impact on the outcome of the tournament.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts