Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Stefanos was very clutch in this match. I saw some parts of the 3rd set. Good quality, a lot of long rallies and both looked tired.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The biggest reserve Tsitsipas has is definitely his fitness and physical strength what was on display today. Greek was fortunate enough to play against 36yo Robredo who was not able to cover a court properly in the third set as well.

I'm concerned about his 2nd round match against Medvedev (I'm a Russian supporting Tsitsipas), who has been playing really well last two weeks. But fitness isn't a big asset in Danill's game neither, so I hope Stefanos will be able to pull that off.

·
Registered
24,789 Posts
The biggest reserve Tsitsipas has is definitely his fitness and physical strength what was on display today. Greek was fortunate enough to play against 36yo Robredo who was not able to cover a court properly in the third set as well.

I'm concerned about his 2nd round match against Medvedev (I'm a Russian supporting Tsitsipas), who has been playing really well last two weeks. But fitness isn't a big asset in Danill's game neither, so I hope Stefanos will be able to pull that off.
He's been ok, should go down in the next one.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
out with the old, in with the new. nice straight setter for tsitsi.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Happy for Stef and when Tommy was interviewed during Qualifying he said he was still playing because he is still enjoying playing.

·
justice for all
13,115 Posts
Called it. Very well done, Stef. After tanking Cincy while being fatigued after Canada, the USO campaign has started.

Now a much bigger test but hopefully he'll go through Medvedev in 3 max 4 sets.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts