Nadal’s run

Lajovic, Daniel, Mayer, Dolgopolov, Rublev, Del Potro, Anderson

Djokovic’s run

Fucsovics, Sandgren, Gasquet, Sousa, Millman, Nishikori, Del Po

Pretty similar runs, both sucked in the first week but peaked in SF/F

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Delpo nowhere near as good as this year, Anderson the NID finalist. Case closed.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Both of them are pretty easy.
But its not Novak and Nada'ls faults that in Nole side Cilic and Federer lost,and in Nadal side Federer and Dimitrov lost.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Nishikori-fresh Delpo is a tougher run than depleted Delpo-Anderson

so Novak did but he had a hilarious set of opponents until SFs where he peaked. ESsentially he needs to avoid Kei from now on. His slam draws this year have been a complete joke even when you factor in Wimbledon based on his ranking.

·
The special one
14,020 Posts
Novak had the tougher final opponent, so i would say that was slightly tougher. Up until then pretty even. Millman was a tougher match than Rublev in the QFs and Delpo tougher than Kei in the SF. Both guys had a very easy path before that.

·
6,246 Posts
Both were tough. 0:)
Really I could not care less about Nadal's run last year, despite what some fellow Nole or Fed fans say.
Nole winning his 3rd USO and 14th Major this year is in the history books now too, that is all that matters.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
To be completely honest, both runs were rather easy even if you count Delpo in. It was about fricking time for Nole getting a slam without me getting heart problems :D

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Lajovic>>Fucsovic...so, obviously Rafa

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Both of them are pretty easy.
But its not Novak and Nada'ls faults that in Nole side Cilic and Federer lost,and in Nadal side Federer and Dimitrov lost.
Cilic would have done fuckall to Novak, he was nearly done in by De Minaur and played like crap against Kei who wasn't even good in that match, just less muggy. NAdal's USO draw this year was a rough one...Khachanov who I knew would be a handful..peak HC Thiem and then fresh Delpo in SFs then Novak in Fs. NAdal is not the peerless HC monster that Novak is. Even with a parting gift from Ferrer, I knew he'd have a tough ride. Actually that's probably just a normal draw but for Nadal those are difficult draws.

Novak's good luck is bound to even out again. It was absurd this year. I hope he draws Wawrinka at AO before QFs.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I’d say Djokovic only because of Del Potro in final I guess. But it’s really similar in level of difficulty, which is sad. Slams should be more tough to win... AO 18 was also similar

·
Administrator
6,070 Posts
I tend towards USO 2018 at the moment since Djokovic faced the higher calibre player in the final, and I felt like the fatigue for Del Potro was a big factor which helped Nadal in 2017 where as Djokovic didn't need to rely on that and faced a bigger and more reliable threat from Del Po this year. The early rounds were pretty easy so are practically negligible, but it still feels like Djokovic had the slightly tougher road to the SF (especially considering Millman's form). On the other hand given what we've seen this season I'm not sure I can necessarily count Nishikori as a higher quality opponent than Anderson here.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I hate how the USO panned out from start to finish so I need this tard wars between Rafaole fans to give me some entertainment :p
I will tell you tomorrow how weakerarer won his slams and benefitted from Faker's absence and Dull's presence in 2017. Stay tuned. >:) As for Dull, what can be said. Pathetic moonballing SOB. :sport:

·
Registered
175 Posts
NADAL is the hardest: Del Potro & Kevin Anderson
Djokovic is the second: Del Potro & Kei Nishkori
Because these 2 season Kevin plays very solid and spectacular in Slam (Eliminate many tough guys like Shapovalov,Federer)

and after hundreds and hundreds miles away is Federer
Federer is the easiest: Marin Cilic and Chung
Chung plays one set and give up, haven't seen any slam match as easy as this, let alone a grand slam semi final
Cilic plays under roof without telling him, his racket string pounds is not prepared, so he easily gives first set to Federer like 2-6

1 - 20 of 36 Posts