Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hat's off to USA for providing excellent TV coverage.

Some matches that were shown:

Federer vs. Minar
Blake vs. Rusedski
Monfils vs. Djokovic
Kuerten vs. Goldstein
Nalbandian vs. Bogomolov Jr.

I love how they're showing a lot of interesting matches rather than some replay or boring women's blowout.

USA > ESPN2

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
USA doing a better job than ESPN?

USA is showing live matches in the time left over from showing the important matches today instead of a re-run of yesterday's matches. Has USA always done that?

If so, kudos to them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
it's been great coverage so far. kind of surprised that they showed monfils's match. but that was a good surprise. :)
but of course like any other network, a commentator made a mistake. it was the man who was commentating alongside Tracy Austin during the Davenport match. He said that Nadal is going to play his first night match in New York tomorrow, against Scoville Jenkins. And then he and Tracy Austin were saying how Nadal will get a taste of how the New York crowd is at night and how it feels (the atmosphere). :p I think he already got a feeling when he played Roddick last year in a night match in Arthur Ashe. :smash:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
They're coverage has always been great. :yeah:

·
RAVE ON
18,877 Posts
Depends where you live Grinder. In Costa Rica ESPN and ESPN2 provide coverage from the first serve of the day until the last ball is struck.
ESPN rocks, as does the country.

·
Registered
209 Posts
the coverage sucks most years. HEAVILY showing US players, even if a top player in the world was in a good match, an dnot showing anything outside of the 3 show courts.

I was there yesterday, but today's coverage was great. lots of outter courts, and they even showed the end of andy murray rather than the beginning of davenport.

so far, so good

but they REALLY need Cliffy on there...

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
USA is showing live matches in the time left over from showing the important matches today instead of a re-run of yesterday's matches. Has USA always done that?
USA network always does a good job. It's ESPN's coverage that bites. Glad to have seen Monfils, Murray, Sesil, the Asian women players, people whose names have been all over the boards but on ESPN don't exist.

·
Registered
18,862 Posts
I adored today's coverage, really awesome:yeah: Especially because I was able to see GUGAAAAAA:banana:!!!!!!!! And they always wait till a match is over before getting to another one, even if it's an American playing (example: Murray-Pavel before Davenport-Li)!

·
Registered
402 Posts
:) USA rocks! Its really nice how they do a short interview with the unkown players before the primetime matches!

·
Registered
978 Posts
:woohoo: :yeah: I totally agree with you guys! USA is MUCH MUCH BETTER than ESPN and they show matches even when it isn't with an American (unlike ESPN :rolleyes: ) and they show the best matches so :rocker2:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Grinder said:
Hat's off to USA for providing excellent TV coverage.

Some matches that were shown:

Federer vs. Minar
Blake vs. Rusedski
Monfils vs. Djokovic
Kuerten vs. Goldstein
Nalbandian vs. Bogomolov Jr.

I love how they're showing a lot of interesting matches rather than some replay or boring women's blowout.

USA > ESPN2

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
tennisphan said:
the coverage sucks most years. HEAVILY showing US players, even if a top player in the world was in a good match, an dnot showing anything outside of the 3 show courts.
I don't agree. USA Network has always been excellent with showing the most exciting matches going on, even if they're involving non-Americans. Off the top of my head, I remember them showing a good portion of the classic Sargsian/Massu and Sargsian/Mathieu matches last year when there were big primetime matches being played on Ashe. USA Network does it right and I wish they got the French Open back.

Getting to see Djokovic/Monfils today when Henin-Hardenne was playing was an orgasmic experience on so many levels. Would not have happened with shitty ESPN, NBC, or CBS.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts