Mens Tennis Forums banner

281 - 300 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
I don't know when that statement was made, but the 2018 election wasn't that perfect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Venezuelan_presidential_election
The Carter quote is from 2012, but the above is the election I said was confirmed to be legitimate by international observers. If the Wikipedia article makes no mention of that, it once again shows it is a bad source you can't solely base your opinion on.

On Monday an international observer mission led by the Council of Electoral Experts of Latin America (CEELA), comprised of former top electoral officials from throughout the region, said the election was clean.

"Technically, up until today, we have not observed any element that could disqualify the electoral process," said CEELA President Nicanor Moscoso in a press conference.

"We can emphasize that these elections must be recognized, because they are the result of the will of the Venezuelan people," he added.
https://venezuelanalysis.com/news/13830

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
In the ten years I've known this I haven't heard a single positive comment about Cuba from you, typical capitalist pig to stay in a country you hate for ten years just because (undoubtedly) the money was good :rollseyes2:
I did not say I hated it.

But I did not have to live like a Cuban. In that case one week of oppression would have brought me to my knees, for sure.
For me it was something that few outsiders got to experience. Especially during the "special period."

The beaches are wonderful. The Cubans that lived in sufferance, but detested the regime, became very good friends.
I still meet up with the ones that got out of Cuba.

Everything the Communists touched was destroyed. Just like is happening in Venezuela today.

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
It's pretty simple once you know that Maduro got elected with 67.7% of the votes in an election that was confirmed as legitimate by international observers, who said that ''The elections were very transparent and complied with international parameters and national legislation. The result that emanated from the CNE is a perfect reflection of the will of Venezuelans who went to the polls.''

Former US President Jimmy Carter even called the Venezuelan electoral system ''the best in the world'' :rocker:
As I remember, It had nothing to do with the Maduro vote. It was that Maduro unconstitutionally usurped the power of the democratically elected Congress.
Then had new elections in which his opponents were banned, following the Castro method of democracy.

I don’t know if you are trying to fool anyone, or are just ignorant, but Carter’s remarks were made in 2012, six years before the 2018 election was rigged by Maduro.

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
The Carter quote is from 2012, but the above is the election I said was confirmed to be legitimate by international observers. If the Wikipedia article makes no mention of that, it once again shows it is a bad source you can't solely base your opinion on.

https://venezuelanalysis.com/news/13830
Please list the countries that supported the election results and those that opposed them.

It would show that the countries that supported the result are countries where democracy is feared by the current regimes, LOL.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
I did not say I hated it.

But I did not have to live like a Cuban. In that case one week of oppression would have brought me to my knees, for sure.
For me it was something that few outsiders got to experience. Especially during the "special period."

The beaches are wonderful. The Cubans that lived in sufferance, but detested the regime, became very good friends.
I still meet up with the ones that got out of Cuba.

Everything the Communists touched was destroyed. Just like is happening in Venezuela today.
At least try to make your story somewhat believable, there is no way they could have survived for this long next to the US without popular support. You just make it sound like you lived in a compound closed off from Cuban society and only associated with an upper layer of white Cubans whose family lost their plantations in the revolution

But ok, they are all faking it and don't actually believe it according to you. Agree to disagree
Please list the countries that supported the election results and those that opposed them.

It would show that the countries that supported the result are countries where democracy is feared by the current regimes, LOL.
If the one-party plutocracy in the US is what you call democracy, I want nothing to do with it

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
You just make it sound like you lived in a compound closed off from Cuban society and only associated with an upper layer of white Cubans whose family lost their plantations in the revolution
It sounds like that to you because you do not have a clue, LOL.

Such compounds do not exist in Cuba. The only upper layer white Cuban I associated with on a few occasions was Fidel.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
I never met a Cuban who thought he had any freedoms. You live in LaLaLand, rambling on about your fantasies, blissfully free from ever knowing the reality.
Or - he is a bored troll.

OT, before our eyes a good part of European population is becoming a populist idiotic political mess - again, from the Atlantic to the Urals. Amazing that people never learn, not even from very recent history. Is it something in the air or the water the people drink, I have no idea.

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts

OT, before our eyes a good part of European population is becoming a populist idiotic political mess - again, from the Atlantic to the Urals. Amazing that people never learn, not even from very recent history. Is it something in the air or the water the people drink, I have no idea.
I think maybe a bored troll. It is hard to picture someone living in the Netherlands and longing to be free in a N. Korean paradise.

But we have to take things at face value on the internet. I may never have been closer than 90 miles from Havana.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
Oh don't worry, I'm an actual member of a Communist Party
Maybe this development is inherent to capitalism. Some dude already wrote about that a century ago, you should really look into it:

''Fascism is capitalism in decay.''

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
''Fascism is capitalism in decay.''
I am a fiscal conservative, a happy capitalist. But I detest the present US regime. It masquerades as a conservative government.

I do not understand why Communists never speak out about despotic regimes that pretend to practice Communism - USSR and China - the greatest practitioners of genocide in history. And then the string of baby Communists that destroyed their countries, such as Fidel, Chavez and The N. Korean family-owned empire.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Oh don't worry, I'm an actual member of a Communist Party
Maybe this development is inherent to capitalism. Some dude already wrote about that a century ago, you should really look into it:
I don't make a habit of reading works by mass murderers, but thank you anyway.

If you maybe thought a pic of a demon will trigger me, you are wrong. One day the mummy will finally end up where it really belongs, in the dustbin of history, just as Ronald Reagan once predicted. And the Russians will put it there eventually, I hope I'll live to see that glorious day.

And...celebrating Lenin, Stalin, Mussolini or other dictators is exactly what I meant when I said that people never learn.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Just curious, have you read "Utopia" by Thomas More?
If your question is serious, - no I haven't. Should I read it? I remember reading about More and the context of that time in British history, that's all. It is a book of its time, and in it was the time of renaissance, reformation, counter reformation, crisis of catholic faith and religion in general, the new world and new possibilities, and testing limits of human freedom in the given context. He was an interesting character for sure. 16th and 17th centuries were also very interesting times in Russia. I like history, unfortunately it seems that wisdom that comes from experience only last for a generation.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
If your question is serious, - no I haven't. Should I read it?
I don't know how often you are involved in discussions about communism as an ideology.

In my opinion, those who like to discuss communism, should make an effort and read Marx, Engels, Lenin, "Utopia" , or at least "The city of the sun" by Companella :lol:

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
I don't make a habit of reading works by mass murderers, but thank you anyway.

If you maybe thought a pic of a demon will trigger me, you are wrong. One day the mummy will finally end up where it really belongs, in the dustbin of history, just as Ronald Reagan once predicted. And the Russians will put it there eventually, I hope I'll live to see that glorious day.

And...celebrating Lenin, Stalin, Mussolini or other dictators is exactly what I meant when I said that people never learn.
How and when did Lenin commit mass murder?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
The most recent occurrence in history of continued American imperialism and neocolonialism which Latin America has had plenty of during the Cold War. Keep in mind that the US has sponsored and backed some of the worst dictators not only in Latin America but the world in general. Today the US is a leader in secret torture in various prisons around the planet. The neocon regime actively seeks to topple any government which they deem unfit to their interests, terrorize and ruin any country which dares to oppose them.
In fact, the behavior of the neocon regime in Washington is reminiscent of the Third Reich: blatant aggression, total disregard of international law, an inherent belief in their superiority (an 'indispensable nation'), brutal propaganda and demonization of enemies, etc, etc. Dr. Goebbels would be proud of the MSM today indeed.

To all those who repeat the propaganda, they have been taught about the starving people of Venezuela (not that the country is not in a difficult situation), we need to remind them of the bogus pretext Washington used to invade Iraq, kills dozens of thousands of people, their wrecking of Libya under the guise of 'humanitarian' intervention and many other such instances.
The effects of American interventions have consistently been war, destruction, misery, and chaos.

Evil always takes a benevolent face to fool its victims. The self-righteous imperialists in Washington are no exception.

·
Registered
21,401 Posts
I don't know how often you are involved in discussions about communism as an ideology.

In my opinion, those who like to discuss communism, should make an effort and read Marx, Engels, Lenin, "Utopia" , or at least "The city of the sun" by Companella :lol:
Those who watched the recent Zizek vs Peterson debate should have learned this. Peterson is apparently the most famous anti-Marxist of this time, but hasn't even't read Marx...

·
RAVE ON
18,510 Posts
Those who watched the recent Zizek vs Peterson debate should have learned this. Peterson is apparently the most famous anti-Marxist of this time, but hasn't even't read Marx...
I never read The Little Red Book, but was fiercely anti-Mao. That is because I read about what he did.

It is not about what these mass murderers wrote, but more about what they did. But you apparently have only read what they wrote, and nothing about what they did.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
How and when did Lenin commit mass murder?
Have you read about him ordering to execute few thousands clerics as those were anti-bolshevics and encouraging peasantry's sabotage of bolshevik effort? Or what happened in Crimea after Red Army ran over it, when tens of thousands were summarily executed? Google Zemlyachka, Lenin's emissary to Crimea. Read this to enlighten
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror
That said, Lenin's rise to power was entirely circumstantial. His little party happened to be the only political group of men with balls at the end of 1917. Everyone else was posturing liberals afraid of responsibility in a country falling apart or some other shit like that. Being the bloodiest murderers Russia has ever known in its history, Lenin and his group also saved the country from crumbling into small pieces and turned it into a superpower. Also a historical fact.
Out of 4 great country-building rulers of Russia - Ivan IV, Peter I, Ekaterina II and Stalin, only Elaterina was not a paranoid mass murderer. Well, maybe because she was German :) Many modern historians consider her Putin's role model :)

281 - 300 of 334 Posts