Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...begs-forgiveness-sentenced-30-years-bars.html

In other words - how far should gender equality go? Al the way?

Perhaps all the way, but why do i have a bitter taste in my mouth in this case?

I reckon i wouldn't have such feeling for the male teacher abusing 16-17yo girls.

But somehow it looks way, waaaay over the top to send a 36yo woman for 30 years in prison for the same thing.

In my personal perspective, a male teacher having consensual sex with a 16yo girl should go to prison for 10-15 years.

A female teacher - 5-7 years maximum.

Where does my sense of justice mistake? Why does this situation ring my bells, even though i'm all pro gender equality?

What do you guys think about this?

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
to be frank, she will get from 2 to 30 years in prison, so anything within 5-7 years i guess would be justice.

But it doesn't change the subject, as the exact same case happened these days, don't remember the other teacher's name, but she got 22 years of prison.

It's way too much imo.
I would probably kill the male teacher if he touched my underaged daughter, but I wouldnt know what to do if a female teacher approached my son.

·
External factor expert
4,173 Posts
So you're saying it's okay to be a pedophile if its perpetrated by females?
I would be shocked is all I'm saying... perhaps my dirty old fantasies are getting in the way to make a clear judgement. Its a common fact men are treated way worse than women, always been always will... Look at the homeless percentage for men and women. :yeah:

You would probably help a dog, instead of a homeless guy.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Laws have to be gender neutral. A judge has to abide by the law and therefore both should carry the same sentence.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm unsure why the gender of the offender would alter your opinion in regards to the crime.

Please elaborate.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm unsure why the gender of the offender would alter your opinion in regards to the crime.

Please elaborate.
that's the main question.

perhaps it is very much a matter of physicality of the act. it's really hard to put into politically correct words though...

All i can say is that i would have loved banging my hottest teacher when i was 17. Also 16 for that matter.

I would have rejected her if she was ugly and there would have been nothing she could do about it, or if she would have done smth about that, that would have been r*ape and this is 100% many years in jail, no question.

The general situation is that male teenagers, perhaps 16+ are actively seeking sex and they would usually bang any female that would be willing to.

While it's not the same for girls, at least it couldn't be generalized as it can be for boys.

So, it is conceivable that a boy could hardly be lured into doing smth he doesn't really want, as a first. It is also conceivable that he has virtually nothing to lose from it (if he has, pls elaborate..). While a girl has a lot to lose - she could lose her virginity, which has a physical impact on her first and a mental very much as well.

Life has made males being the active copulation seekers and females the passive givers. It has been like that in the vast majority of cases and always will be.

So it does make a difference between the cases of male in power position toward a teenage girl, compared to female in power position compared to teenage boy.

Gender equality should have limits, men can't give birth, you can't change that for example.
Men have always been and always will be the seekers and females always will be the "givers/allowers".

The latter is perhaps debatable, but only within the aggressive feminism, coz in real life it's just true..

p.s. unrelated - if that's you in the avi...girl, you beautiful :inlove:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Laws have to be gender neutral. A judge has to abide by the law and therefore both should carry the same sentence.
why?

like when a divorce happens, both parents should have the same rights of custody?

right..

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I do agree that that amount of years seems an awful lot for that woman, but I'd think the same if it was a guy (OBVIOUSLY considering it was consensual).

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do agree that that amount of years seems an awful lot for that woman, but I'd think the same if it was a guy (OBVIOUSLY considering it was consensual).
that's vague mate. take a stance, how much should it be for a 60yo sports teacher with a 16yo girl and how much for a 26yo female teacher with a 17yo boy?

Let's put them to the maximum, the worst case scenario vs the best case scenario, both of which should be irrelevant for such court at this moment and get the same sentences.

Same for both? 15 years in jail? Or 20 for the man, 3 for the woman?

What is your actual opinion on the matter?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
That's nuts. The girl was making the men out of them. They should be thankful, if anything, The judge must be gay or sometihng..

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Stupid as hell.In my country u can kill someone and take 5-10 years.~Bulgaria

·
Your visions will happen
50,135 Posts
Just a joke

If the sex is consensual, why is it a crime? You should be allowed to bang your teacher.

If it is r ape, then yes, the years in jail can be debated. But consensual sex? Come on

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just a joke

If the sex is consensual, why is it a crime? You should be allowed to bang your teacher.

If it is r ape, then yes, the years in jail can be debated. But consensual sex? Come on
it's all about the consensuality and position of power. how consensual could it be when the person is not legally considered able to take such decisions for himself/herself. And especially from a teacher, that kids should be totally relaxed in front of, look up to, count on.

It's not just like that. If a 12yo of your pupils comes and tells you she's in love with ou and she's decided you'd be the best to take her virginity away - how could it be more consensual? Yet she has no idea what she's talking about, has she?

So lines must be drawn, but getting in jail for 22 years....that's insane indeed.

I would personally send such a woman teacher in jail for 3 years and ban her from being a teacher ever, that would make her figure out what she did and would screw her life up enough, really.

But 22 years, like a murderer, or bank robber? insane

·
Your visions will happen
50,135 Posts
it's all about the consensuality and position of power. how consensual could it be when the person is not legally considered able to take such decisions for himself/herself. And especially from a teacher, that kids should be totally relaxed in front of, look up to, count on.

It's not just like that. If a 12yo of your pupils comes and tells you she's in love with ou and she's decided you'd be the best to take her virginity away - how could it be more consensual? Yet she has no idea what she's talking about, has she?

So lines must be drawn, but getting in jail for 22 years....that's insane indeed.

I would personally send such a woman teacher in jail for 3 years and ban her from being a teacher ever, that would make her figure out what she did and would screw her life up enough, really.

But 22 years, like a murderer, or bank robber? insane
Well the age of consent is another multi-page thread we can discuss at length, and have, so we will skip that part

Your scenario does nothing but destroy this teacher's life. Her job is to educate the young boy, yes? It is perfectly normal for a 12 year old boy, who is clearly hitting puberty, to want to have sex with his teacher. It is up to her to turn him into a man.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
that's vague mate. take a stance, how much should it be for a 60yo sports teacher with a 16yo girl and how much for a 26yo female teacher with a 17yo boy?

Let's put them to the maximum, the worst case scenario vs the best case scenario, both of which should be irrelevant for such court at this moment and get the same sentences.

Same for both? 15 years in jail? Or 20 for the man, 3 for the woman?

What is your actual opinion on the matter?
I don't think there's much difference between 60yo and 26, in both cases it's an adult (talking about the age, not the sex in this case). If the girl is 17 and the man is 26 or 60 it'd be equally wrong for me. There should be a punishment because it's an abuse of a position of power, even if it was consensual, but not even close to the 30 years. On the other hand, if it's a 12 year old like you mentioned in another post yes, even if it's consensual it's a serious crime because it's a child. Even if it was the boy being 12 and the adult being a female it would be seriously wrong, and 30 years would be justified in that case. A 16/17 yo, even if it's underage, it's almost an adult, in fact in many countries it's considered age of consent already and it wouldn't be a crime at all if it didn't involve a teacher and a student.

·
Premium Member
11,787 Posts
All joking aside, I was Almost in the boys situation with a past teacher of mine...

I have kept this on the way down low...but if anyone wants the story, I could tell it...

Ms.E.....

1 - 20 of 79 Posts