Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Congrats Andy but that point at 2-3 seriously, if you're just a lil' fairplay you'll give that point to Belgium. But they didn't I'm sorry but that just isn't right. But hey whatcha gonna do about it, Ollie amazing weekend and again congrats to the Americans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can someone please explain to me what happened on the bp at 3-2 final set? Rochus hits a smash well in, and after a lot of discussion the umpire suddenly says:'game USA'. This weird decision just decided the entire match...

·
Registered
96 Posts
tangerine_dream said:
That seems more of a hysterical overreaction than an explanation.
Well unfortunately it's the damned truth, and the Team USA, as well as the ITF officials, should be ashamed of this! We will never know if Andy would have won fair and square, because he didn't! :mad:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I like Andy well enough, but once again his serve (and that wrong call) from Andy won him the match :yawn:

And congrats to Ollie on a great Davis Cup!!! :hug:

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Make that 4-1 USA, James Blake defeated Steve Darcis 7-5 6-1/

·
Registered
322 Posts
tangerine_dream said:
That seems more of a hysterical overreaction than an explanation.
Well actually, it isn't. You could even see on the faces of Andy and Pat that they knew it was in and they were talking about it on whether they would still give the point or not I think. Guess they choose for the second one :yeah:

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
A good win for Andy that was also very important for his confidence. Sadly, i could not see any of the matches in this tie. Team USA has a long way to go to win Davis Cup next year. It seems that every team that i can think of would make U.S. play on clay for the ties away. That should provide enough incentive for all U.S. players to improve on clay.

·
Registered
24,581 Posts
Olivier :sad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
belgium got cheated very very very very very badly. i am an american, and i felt sorry for olivier. that official is awful.
roddick should have given the point to olivier. every shot olivier hit during that point was blatantly in. worst call i've ever seen. worst than the one against serena williams at the US open. (against capriati, a couple years ago).

·
Registered
12 Posts
one more thing... roddick has given points back before..... i think it was the pressure of playing for his country.... playing for his teammates, not just himself.... to take such an important point like that. either way, that call really ruined a great match.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts