Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why not an American car, wtf?

I guess Lexus makes good stuff but it's not Mercedes. Where's GM? Weren't they the usual sponsor?



For the first time ever, the US Open Men's Singles Champion will be awarded an all-new 2006 Lexus GS 430. Tennis and automotive aficionados alike can view the GS 430 up close and in person on the grounds of the US Open. This athletic vehicle is a champion on any surface with a powerful V8 engine, standard 18-inch wheels and performance tires. It's the ideal sport sedan for the driver who demands the precise fusion of power and control.



Later this year, Lexus will be releasing the all-new IS. And as an Official

Sponsor of the 2005 US Open, Lexus is proud to offer US Open.org newsletter subscribers access to the IS prelaunch site. You are also invited to sign up for communications about Lexus concept vehicles, technological innovations and other privileged information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nimomunz said:
if merceds supports atp tour how can lexus sponsor us open?
Well that's a good question but an easy answer. The Atp is nothing...lol. The slams are their own seperate group and they do whatever they want. The slams could take over tennis if they wanted. So slams have their own sponsors, ad campagins etc., they just chose to co-operate and use the ATPs ranking system. I wish all the organizations would just join together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,866 Posts
The previous sponsor was Lincoln-Mercury.
Yes, Mercedes sponsors the men, and I think Porsche may still sponsor the women, but the Slams are allowed to do whatever they want.
Lexus makes better, longer lasting cars than Mercedes-Benz, in my opinion (and based on the JD Power consumer satisfaction survey). :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Fee said:
The previous sponsor was Lincoln-Mercury.
Yes, Mercedes sponsors the men, and I think Porsche may still sponsor the women, but the Slams are allowed to do whatever they want.
Lexus makes better, longer lasting cars than Mercedes-Benz, in my opinion (and based on the JD Power consumer satisfaction survey). :D
A mercedes is just a status symbol cars like Audi to me are much better!!:drool:
 

·
.
Joined
·
3,921 Posts
Nimomunz said:
if merceds supports atp tour how can lexus sponsor us open?
I don´t know how it works with slams, but there are ATP tournaments that are sponsored by others..... For example, Barcelona is sponsored by Seat and there are no Mercedes logos anywhere in the courts.
:scratch: I know there is at least other tournament more, but I can´t remember it right now....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,109 Posts
Car is always good - Nalby needs another one for his fleet and I'm sure he hasn't got a Lexus already :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,109 Posts
lau said:
I don´t know how it works with slams, but there are ATP tournaments that are sponsored by others..... For example, Barcelona is sponsored by Seat and there are no Mercedes logos anywhere in the courts.
:scratch: I know there is at least other tournament more, but I can´t remember it right now....
Munich's sponsored by BMW and of course the FO by Peugeot :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,866 Posts
The Mercedes deal is with the ATP tour and they extend that deal to some, but not all of the tournaments (San Jose uses Mercedes cars, but I've heard that Memphis does not). Must be some provisions of the contract that allow this to happen and I think it may be based on their exposure in each particular area where a tournament is held. The last few years at San Jose there has been a rumor that MB is pulling out because their sales in the bay area are declining (but then we show up for the meeting and all of the cars are there, so who knows).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Saumon said:
Will Rafa get a 5th car even if he's not able to drive it?? :tape:
toni should teach nadal to drive already...........aisshh that shit is embarassing!!
 

·
F***ing have it
Joined
·
17,558 Posts
a LETSUCK car would be better :retard: :crazy: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea, but it's dumb the largest tennis event in America should feature an Amercian vehicle as a prize.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Fumus said:
Yea, but it's dumb the largest tennis event in America should feature an Amercian vehicle as a prize.
:secret: American cars are generally not that nice!!! :bolt:
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top