Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wild card entries for this year's US Open have been set and will include former finalist Michael Chang, along with six young Americans, the USTA announced on Thursday.

Chang will be joined in the main draw by wild cards Brian Baker, Alex Bogomolov, Jr., Amer Delic, Robert Kendrick, Alex Kim, Jeff Morrison and Robert Yim.

:eek::eek::eek:

Quallie WC

Nine additional players were awarded wild cards for US Open qualifying. Those players were: Jamil Al-Agba, Thomas Blake, Matias Boeker, Kean Feeder, KJ Hippensteel, Chris Kwon, Rajeev Ram, Bobby Reynolds and Todd Widom.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
Re: Re: Us Open wild cards announced

there was a roomer that karlovic would get one

he is way more deserving than any of those players (except for delic who earned his wc in ncaa)

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Well, Kim did beat Kafelnikov in the Aussie Open last year. :p No, this sucks. I hate when a tournament gives all of their wildcards to players of their country.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You asked.

Considering the 800 threads about it in GM, you'd think you'd have caught on that some people find it pretty important. But perhaps not.

·
Registered
628 Posts
:) Alex Bogomolov Jr.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Well, I guess I've proven my ignorance then :help:
I actually didn't know about the Kim-Scud match and wasn't aware that the pan-Am games are so popular (although the US squad didn't include top players, it seems).
I still think they should have given the WC to Kwon instead.

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
Scottie, don't you think that former Grand Slam champion and US Open finalist Michael Chang deserves to play one last match at Flushing before retirement? Answer: Yes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts