Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be in NYC for two days before tournament starts on 8/29, but I wont stay until 8/29. I want to visit the tournament site, but I just noticed qualifying matches end on 8/27. I am just wondering if the tournament site is open to public over the weekend 8/27 - 8/28 before plays begins on monday 8/29? I recall USTA arranges special activities/events during that initial weekend between qualies and main draw but I don't remember the details or if tickets are required.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Do the qualies matches really end on the Saturday instead of the Friday? In the past it was usually Tues-Fri for qualies, the first two days being the first round.

USO surprisingly didn't open to the public last year for qualies or the weekend immediately preceding Monday Day 1, but I'm going to guess that they'll be open this year. Maybe they already announced this. In pre-covid years, yes there were lots of player practices and other activities on the Saturday/Sunday, including Arthur Ashe Kids Day on the Saturday.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It was open pre-Covid and it will be open again this year. I've gone on the Sunday many times in the past just to watch players practicing and it is great. You don't need tickets.

Yeah it really is one of the gems, being able to go for free and get close to the top players during practice. Usually it's just Ashe that is closed to the public during practice week. All other stadiums and courts are open.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts