Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to go to US open this year during labor day weekend on Saturday and Sunday (August 30 and 31). My goal was to buy general (ground) admission ticket for both days, however I was told that such ticket does not give access to Arthur Ashe! I mean what the heck is the point to go to US Open and not go to Arthur Ashe?
If you were going to US Open during labor day weekend, what kind of ticket would you buy and from where?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Here's the deal, unless you are rich & can afford a ticket that cost hundreds of dollars you will be disappointed in Arthur Ash stadium...I did it years ago & ended up watching the big screen the whole time because the seats are beyond nosebleed (they are In the clouds!) You can easily enjoy the US Open with grounds passes if you can be motivated to roam around the grounds vigorously. Check out the practice courts & smaller courts to see many if not all of the big names practice & play doubles matches especially in the early rounds. If you wait 'til the end of the tournament then most matches will be in the big stadiums and @ Arthur Ash you will be watching ants play tennis unless like I mentioned you pay big bucks ( if any of the lower level seats are even available. Good luck & keep us posted & please take many many pics.

·
#freeviktor
93,849 Posts
Hi all,

I want to go to US open this year during labor day weekend on Saturday and Sunday (August 30 and 31). My goal was to buy general (ground) admission ticket for both days, however I was told that such ticket does not give access to Arthur Ashe! I mean what the heck is the point to go to US Open and not go to Arthur Ashe?
If you were going to US Open during labor day weekend, what kind of ticket would you buy and from where?
Ashe is not that great, honestly. Also the US Open that weekend is a nightmare with the crowds :tape: and even grounds passes will sell out.

Anyway, the matches around the outside courts are great, and like the other poster said, unless you're spending $500 for your ticket, you're better off watching Ashe matches on TV. Grounds passes are the way to go, though you can get a cheap Ashe ticket if you want the experience of seeing what it's like with the same view as planes landing in JFK...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts