Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have just joined this forum, and thought to ask some help on here. I have recently bought tickets for Men's/Women's Round of 16 at the US Open 2015.
Could someone please explain to me what this round is? Is it an official match? Or should I exchange my tickets for one of the other rounds?
Thank you for any help I might get.

·
MONSOON season.
82,208 Posts
Hello All,
I have just joined this forum, and thought to ask some help on here. I have recently bought tickets for Men's/Women's Round of 16 at the US Open 2015.
Could someone please explain to me what this round is? Is it an official match? Or should I exchange my tickets for one of the other rounds?
Yes, these are official matches. They are fourth-round matches, i.e. one stage before the quarter finals (hence the "16"; there are 16 players left in the draw).

Enjoy!

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Actually, that's one of the best rounds in a big tournament as usually the guys you want to see are still left playing and there are enough matches going on that you can switch if one is not so exciting.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
it concerns me when someone signs up to this site with the username 'tennisfan' and then pretends (or possibly really!) to not know what the Round of 16 is in a tournament (as if it needs explaining)

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
Weird question tbh, but yes, one of the best tickets for checking out lots of exciting matches in that round.
It's spread over 4 sessions (2 days / day and evening), but I'm sure any one of those you posses will include a couple of nice matches for you to enjoy.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Quick question, flying to New York for the US Open (only Grand slam I have not attended after going to 3 Aus Opens, 4 French and 2 Wimbledon). How easy is it to see at Arthur Ashe? As on TV it looks like the stadium has terrible seating plans for tennis.

·
Super Moderator
18,668 Posts
Quick question, flying to New York for the US Open (only Grand slam I have not attended after going to 3 Aus Opens, 4 French and 2 Wimbledon). How easy is it to see at Arthur Ashe? As on TV it looks like the stadium has terrible seating plans for tennis.
Unless you're rich and in the lower two sections, Arthur Ashe for tennis should be avoided at all costs...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I've been to Stupid Saturday and the Finals at the US Open several times sitting up in the lower 300's. It is far up, but you can still see everything without issues..

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
There are no blocked views, but lots of nosebleed seats. If you want to see the top players' facial expressions you either have to pay for the good seats on Ashe or watch on the other courts. The only exclusively ticketed stadium is Ashe; all others (except certain sections of Armstrong) are open to grounds pass holders.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Cheers for the help MTF, guess I will change plans, might spend a bit extra and get good seats for the Final but avoid Ashe completley on the other days lol.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Hello All,
I thought to ask some help on here. I have recently bought tickets for something called Men's Final at the US Open 2015.

:smash:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hello All,
I thought to ask some help on here. I have recently bought tickets for something called Men's Final at the US Open 2015.

:smash:
:haha::haha::haha:

Seriously, I actually like to go to practice days on Saturday and Sunday before the start although Saturday can be very crowded (Arthur Ashe day). Even though it's a "practice", the pros play full sets against each other. You can get first row seats for FREE.

Harry

·
Super Moderator
18,668 Posts
:haha::haha::haha:

Seriously, I actually like to go to practice days on Saturday and Sunday before the start although Saturday can be very crowded (Arthur Ashe day). Even though it's a "practice", the pros play full sets against each other. You can get first row seats for FREE.

Harry
The best deal in sports remains the qualifying week - free entry, no queues anywhere, and great tennis. Plus if you want to see the pros practice, most of them are there during the week, sometimes even catching their countrymen battle out in the qualies - you can sit right next to them! By Thursday and Friday, they aren't even using most of the courts, so the pros will be practicing on the outer courts and you can walk right up.

Ashe is so weird to me - no need to waste time getting in there. The outer courts - especially the Grandstand and 17 - are the best. They are building a brand new Court 7 as well, which is making good progress.

On another note, I play at the USTA national tennis center every weekend, and the roof is coming along very nicely - got to say they've made tremendous progress.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for all the replies.

This is my first time that I am able to attend any Grand Slam (which has been on my bucket list); hence the question. And to the person who asked, my username does not hold any significance as to whether I am a hard core tennis fan or not. I just started getting into the game a couple of years back hence the question because I was unsure. I have tickets to the evening match; so hopefully it will be an enjoyable match based on replies here.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Thank you for all the replies.

This is my first time that I am able to attend any Grand Slam (which has been on my bucket list); hence the question. And to the person who asked, my username does not hold any significance as to whether I am a hard core tennis fan or not. I just started getting into the game a couple of years back hence the question because I was unsure. I have tickets to the evening match; so hopefully it will be an enjoyable match based on replies here.

if get there when night gates open for the grounds themselves (either 5 or 6) you can see other matches certainly doubles on outer courts. you might be able to get into armstrong or grandstand depending on how crowded if anywhere near crowded they restrict those to day tix only. since people leave early you could ask someone for their stub and then get into armstrong and grandstand depending on how long a line there might be if ashe day session over and likely will be.

i believe you said rd of 16 which means 4 mens matches that day unless rain backlogs things. of the 4 either 2 or 3 will be in ashe leaving only 1 or 2 for armstrong.

·
Registered
878 Posts
The best deal in sports remains the qualifying week - free entry, no queues anywhere, and great tennis. Plus if you want to see the pros practice, most of them are there during the week, sometimes even catching their countrymen battle out in the qualies - you can sit right next to them! By Thursday and Friday, they aren't even using most of the courts, so the pros will be practicing on the outer courts and you can walk right up.

Ashe is so weird to me - no need to waste time getting in there. The outer courts - especially the Grandstand and 17 - are the best. They are building a brand new Court 7 as well, which is making good progress.

On another note, I play at the USTA national tennis center every weekend, and the roof is coming along very nicely - got to say they've made tremendous progress.
Yeah the qualies are great too if you can afford to get out there during weekdays.

Incidentally, I will be at the tennis center (indoors) in a couple of weeks for a social dubs tournament.

Harry

1 - 20 of 29 Posts