Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dominic didn't want to play Toronto, but since he got in directly he has to play now :eek:

1st round against Gilles Simon (FRA).

Then he wants to play Cincy, Winston-Salem and of course the US Open.

Hopefully he will withdraw from New Haven and/or from Winston-Salem. He needs some rest now :hug:

·
23,063 Posts
Dominic didn't want to play Toronto, but since he got in directly he has to play now :eek:

1st round against Gilles Simon (FRA).

Then he wants to play Cincy, New Haven, Winston-Salem and of course the US Open.

Hopefully he will withdraw from New Haven and/or from Winston-Salem. He needs some rest now :hug:
I hope he withdraws from Winston-Salem -- if he could, maybe skip Cincy too. New Haven is a WTA tournament though, so he can't play there. ;) I agree he needs rest but it could be a good practice for him as he gets older and older. If he's a top player he may just select his tournaments more organized.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope he withdraws from Winston-Salem -- if he could, maybe skip Cincy too. New Haven is a WTA tournament though, so he can't play there. ;) I agree he needs rest but it could be a good practice for him as he gets older and older. If he's a top player he may just select his tournaments more organized.
Sorry :tape: :lol: Corrected.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dominic was the Nr. 231 last year when he got a Wildcard for Kitzbuhel. 1 year later he is already the Nr. 44 of the world :bowdown:

He should get the Newcomer of the Year award, or at least the most improved player award, what do you think?

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toronto R1: Simon def. Dominic 3-6 6-4 6-0

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cincinnati Draw:

R1: Ginepri (WC)

Good draw :) In 2nd round against Raonic (5).

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dominic practicing with Ernests in Cincy:

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Cincinnati Draw:

R1: Ginepri (WC)

Good draw :) In 2nd round against Raonic (5).
very winnable R1. He's got some days of "rest" (at least, of no competition) this week, I hope it will be enough. Frankly, Milos should be too much at this moment in Domi's career, but I hope he can give him a good match. After that, he should decide playing W-S or not.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dominic @ the training with Cilic yesterday:

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dominic wins his first 5-set-match after being down 0-2 in sets :worship:

Ernests was clearly tired/injured in the last set, but Dominic managed it to return and serve better in the 3rd and 4th set. The break to the set was lucky, in the 4th set Dominic was better before Ernests got tired or injured.

Lopez next. He would have met him in Barcelona, where he has to retire because of his illness.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it sucks that it got ruined by an injury
According to Ernests it were cramps, not an injury (I read it in General Messages).

Real fans are still happy for Dom, he deserves it, although I am sad for Ernests though.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
According to Ernests it were cramps, not an injury (I read it in General Messages).

Real fans are still happy for Dom, he deserves it, although I am sad for Ernests though.
yeah, i just saw that now.

and i am happy for dom, i really am. I hope that he gets past lopez now.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, i just saw that now.

and i am happy for dom, i really am. I hope that he gets past lopez now.
Me too. He should've met him in Barcelona as well :sad:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
He should beat Lopez, Lopez is very limited should be three tight sets for Dom.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 20 Posts